Making me excited to play a Netrunner

+
I was doing a YouTube search for figuring out if I really wanted to play a Netrunner and if I’d like the Tetratronic Rippler or the Netwatch Netdriver more. With this vid I was immediately sold on Tetratronic because OMFG! I’m curious about Detonate Grenade as an alternative option, assuming it will literally blow an enemy to pieces. Here’s the link, enjoy!

The grenade hack uses their equipped grenades, and there's only one faction in the game that carries regular explosive grenades.

The grenade hack uses their equipped grenades, and there's only one faction in the game that carries regular explosive grenades.
Yeah, I just read about that. I’m figuring Contagion, Short Circuit, Ping, and Reboot Optics with Cyberpsychosis and Suicide for my Ultimates.

Netrunner is OP. My last two playthroughs have been netrunners. It's so much fun to be able to take down a bunch of gonks without even having to get out of cover. lol

Yeah, I just read about that. I’m figuring Contagion, Short Circuit, Ping, and Reboot Optics with Cyberpsychosis and Suicide for my Ultimates.
Consider System Reset - one of the most powerful ones around. With Tetra it should spread to a 2nd target as well - so two kills per cast.

also the most superior battle quickhack for stealth approaches, since it’s a 100% insta kill, non-leathel and silent/wont alert allys.

Last edited:
As far as Netrunner being OP, I’m unsure of that. They really are a glass cannon and I personally found my Cybersamurai to be ridiculously powerful and amazing. I think the idea of any build being OP is based on that build successfully determine the ins and outs of a system and maximizing the choices, thus why those two builds are always going to be top 5. One thing that I’ll be sad to lose with a Netrunner is the explosive gore I had with the Samurai, who absolutely steamrolled (Don’t Fear) the Reaper.

Netrunner are the reincarnation of op-ness. glass canon? - doesnt matter cause you end any fight before it even begins. depending on your body/cool there are also backup perks for missing cyberware. Don't fear the Ripper is a piece of cake spamming contagion, system reset & short circuite. since contagion will spread over to 5+ targets depending on perks & cyberdeck its like going in with a one-button-press army. short circuite & system reset for heavy pickups - like the big mchs which will fall instantly by either one of these. Should be easy even with 3 Body. Hit before going to get hit - done. :D

it's my first playtrough and because the whole netrunning thing seemed so interesting to me i decided to do such a build for my first run.
sometimes i stay covered, hacking cams and such and trying to kill as many of my enemies as possible without getting spotted and that's fun and all.

but my problem is that netrunning is just OP.
it's literally a form of stealth-gameplay that doesn't go south as soon as you're spotted.
i can in fact also just walk to my objective without any care for the world cause guess what: whoever wants to mess with me i just look at them and they're already dead.

still pretty fun tho.
but i guess if i ever do a netrunning build again i need some mods to make it harder as i just can't restrain my self from using the OP things.

The reason I don’t ever like seeing the word OP is because it seems like an excuse for the devs to bring out the nerf hammer, and that makes me anxious and angry. I want to have fun in my games after all.

The reason I don’t ever like seeing the word OP is because it seems like an excuse for the devs to bring out the nerf hammer, and that makes me anxious and angry. I want to have fun in my games after all.
don't get my initial respones wrong.
i think it is too OP but i wouldn't say it needs to be nerfed!
ye you can just annihilate anything with netrunning but it just sells the idea of netrunning pretty well and this makes it a lot of fun.
any nerfing should be done on a personal basis by handicapping your self as i truly believe that nerfing it would just result in it not feeling that satisfying anymore.

it's a singleplayer game after all, so fun should come first.

Top Bottom