Radeon Users

+
Every time a new fix/update is released, something for nVidia is almost always added. What about AMD Radeon? I bought the 6900XT because the value/performance is far better than nVidia but CDPR makes it look like they are pushing players to buy nVidia only.

If a fix/update is released, it sometimes causes problems with Radeon cards, do they not care about that?

Every time a new fix/update is released, something for nVidia is almost always added. What about AMD Radeon? I bought the 6900XT because the value/performance is far better than nVidia but CDPR makes it look like they are pushing players to buy nVidia only.

If a fix/update is released, it sometimes causes problems with Radeon cards, do they not care about that?
Did you notice that when you launch the game, Nvidia is on the loading screen ?
(beside JALI, Speedtree,...)
So CDPR have a kind of partnership with Nvidia, but not with AMD :)

that shouldnt influence the stability for AMD user.... maybe they are not supposed to get the hot nvidia sh*t but they at least should be cared for a minimum stable game without issues.

You are not alone!​

@DontBlnkBadWolf I totally agree with you but @LeKill3rFou is right. Games companies seem to align with a particular GPU brand and then the game favors them.

Take the ray tracing for example. They favor the NVidea RT approach and so AMD and Intel GPU users get a rough deal :mad:. I've seen RT demos that favor AMDs RT approach and they run smooth as silk. Also look at the implementation of FSR. We [AMD Radeon users] are still lumped with FSR 2.1 when 2.2 has been out a while and is far superior and much less blotchy meanwhile Nvidea gets patched to DLSS 3. Unless they are just biding their time for FSR 3 but I doubt it . When a company is prepared to burn through a massive pile of money, time and effort into to implementing a tech demo (RT Overdrive) to promote Nvidea's 4090 GPU (A niche market due to their cost and availability :facepalm:,) and do this in favor of fixing fundamental issues with their product:giveup: , says everything you need to know. I accept that they are a business and they are out to make money, but so obviously publicly demonstrating they favor lining the coffers with eddies than creating a better quality product for their wider customer base leaves a bad taste in the mouth. :sad:Guess we should not expect anything else from the Corpos! :shrug:

I don't totally hate the game. In-fact I own a copy of the original Cyberpunk2020 (it's so old) and I think there is a heap of stuff they did really well. CD Projeckt's approach is just not one I would have taken. I'm really looking forward to the expansion and even though Idris and Keanu's presence will be ace and that their presence will bring in more revenue, but I can't help but wonder how many more game improvements/additions could be made if CD Projeckt were not paying for these actors? Tho style over substance is the Cyberpunk ethos :p

Attachments

• 1682335072180.jpg
    1682335072180.jpg
    400.9 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

:facepalm:,) and do this in favor of fixing fundamental issues with their product:giveup: ,:p

While I agree that AMD users should have a stable experience, this statement is like the people blaming the social media team for posting contests and stuff instead of "fIxInG thE gAMe" - graphics engine programmers are NOT responsible for scripting. The fact that they worked on this (probably partly funded by nVidia, no doubts) is not to the detriment of bugs or stability fixes, let alone new systems.

Guest 4071710

I dont really mind Nvidia users getting features, what i mind is when the game is working fine and an update like the 1.62 completely ruined the already implemented FSR 2.1 (ghosting is back plus it looks worse, maybe a downgrade by mistake?)

I used to be an nVidia user, the last one I got was a 3060 Extreme 12Gb. The I decided to get a Radeon 5900XT. I like AMDs recording software better. nVidia's is junk and the sound/voice recording sucks. AMD's is nice & smooth with clear recording. I won't go back to overpriced nVidia just because CDPR wants to push it, even if they got money from nVidia. AMD's quality has been my best choice since I made the switch.

I'm still up in the air on CPUs, I've always been Intel, currently have AMD Ryzen 5900X & have been looking at the current Gen for each & AMD is losing what ground they gained over what has been going on with their new Ryzen 7000. Just when I though I was sticking with one brand, something happens to make me want to go back to Intel.

We had two consecutive patches filled to the brim with Nvidia tech (DLSS 3, Reflex, Path Tracing). Zero content or bug fixes (cool a small hotfix came later to adress a few issues). XeSS was added, nice. But they also broke FSR, which looks absolutely atrocious since 1.62 and produces massive ghosting. Why not update FSR to 2.2 while they are at it.

Meanwhile, four weeks after the patch, materials are still broken with PT.

No problems detected on my Radeon 6800 XT since game version 1.5. New game versions makes broken only some of installed mods. Install latest AMD Radeon drivers and that's all.

Snímek obrazovky 2023-05-13 v 10.33.40.png

Top Bottom