Radovid control deck

+
Radovid control deck

So, for the lols, I made myself a radovid control deck. Goes like this (Golds are mostly irrelevant since I just don't have many golds that fit it)
I made it after I got bored of all these decks that jsut spam points on the board. I know it isn't optimal but just wanted to share and discuss around it. The idea really is to break all the tempo of the enemy deck.

Goes like this:

Radovid (Duh) to lock units with too high HP pool to be zapped in one go
Triss : Some value and some damage
Keira Metz: Some great value in terms of raw damage, with either the lines punisher with arachas venom or just the usual zap.
Ideally I'd have shani to revive silver mages later on but I don't have her yet. Same with either Geralt: Yrden ( Mostly against monster consume decks, but we don't really decide on what we fight) or Igni or even Vesemir: Mentor to work with mandrake root.

Silver:
Margarita: Works wonder sometimes when they leave tridam infantry down on low HP or to nuke a few units that are overly boosted after you let them build up the whole round.
Aeromancer: Zaps and removes boons with fog.
Dethmold: Zap and can do clear skies against some weather decks, though I already have sort of a counter to that already
Sile: With the amount of special cards in the deck, it's pretty common to have one in the hand: Great way to clear it and redraw.
Mandrake: Reset and often used to banish cards I don't want the enemy to revive
Vandergrift's blade: Some raw damage and banish, ideally with Sile but fine most of the time

Bronze
3 tridam infantry: TO have some OOMPH in points hidden under armour.
Redanian Knights: Used on rows with fog or other weather effects, often pisses the opponent off. Very fun when you have three of them and the opponent threw ragnarook at the start of the last round. Weak when facing frost though since most of the deck has lower HP.
1 aretuza adept and 1 fog. Just because I like it and it is impressive how many people actually don't have clear skies and end up annoyed with a random weather effect ont he last rounds. Not really worth it most of the time but still fun.
3 tormented mages: The core of the deck. I run three Alzur's thunder and 3 bloody flails, and generally have the spells I need at the right time. Perfect to toast the opponent's tempo cards and otherwise just add bodies on my lanes.
Last but not least: 3 Reaver scouts. Used to bring Tormented mages from the deck most of the time, though sometimes just to bring more redanian knights or break a nilfgardian carcass tosser, always great value.

Most of the time, I end up doing rather well. Decks I ahve issues against are unsurprisingly ones that spam lesser units where my spells are sort of wasted, but these generally rely on some unit getting massively buffed or buffing them and I tend to toast these units before they can build up (or just lock them). I also have some trouble with some spy decks unless I have my reset cards in hand.

Any idea to improve it? I thought about using Sabrina's specter but I don't really have any silver I want to replace. Vandergrift's blade really helped me deal with some decks by banishing a leader (like Emhyr that's often resurected later on, great way to get rid of him) and apart from the aretuza adept, I feel most things are in place.

Last edited:
Hey!

I will say right of the bat - I am not a big tactician and don't know many common terms even. Hearing words "current meta" throws me off, for example :D

Anyhoo, even from closed beta, I play only Radovid, as I can see playing myself only NR and I love control side of things. I am in constant pursue of making good control deck, as all them buffing is so not for me :] I have pretty similar setup...

Radovid
Vandergrift/Shani/Geralt:Yrden/Keira
Margarita/Sile/Dudu/Scorch/Reinforcements/Mandrake
3x Kaedweni Knights - thus silver reinforcements and 2x Reaver Scouts
2x Tridam Infantries and 2x Redanian Knights - Yes, they are awesome!
Some thunders, mandroemes.

Basically a lot of stuff to counter all the buffs + some raw damage.

I do feel, that this setup is really outmatched, though. Victories are very nice, but, I think, I am at 40% somewhere...

Would LOVE to hear what people think in NR Control in general and... yeah... maybe comments on my deck... Or a Radovid Joke [do they exist? they should].

Last edited:
Top Bottom