[Request] Easier way to change audio dub to Japanese

+
For my second character I'm going full Ghost in the Shell Motoko and wanted to change my Audio to Japanese, but keep my menu and subs English.

Via the in-game settings I couldn't choose Japanese audio. So I went in to GOG Galaxy > Settings > Manage Installation > Configure... and chose Language Japanase.

It then downloaded the 4,3GB ja_lang patch.

When I started the game everything was in Japanse. So I figured I would set the game back to English in gog galaxy and the Japanse audio option would be available. But ut wasn't. Still only English.

So I again set the Game to Japanese in gog galaxy, but it had to download the ja_lang patch again?! Why would this be deleted?
I navigated the Japanese menu's and was able to set the menu and subs to English. English audio was also still available.

This should be easier.
Post automatically merged:

Also found a bug: the subtitles and menu settings revert back to Japanese after restarting the game.

Last edited:
I feel your pain...

Though for myself it was a bit easier, since I knew a few of the kanji, including the one for language.

The language settings resetting on game restart is a quite annoying bug to be sure.

Hope they'll address this issue on Xbox as well. To get the Japanese dub, you have to change your location to Japan, download Cyberpunk again (full game) then download the Japanese language pack when in the new game client. As an added bonus, the Japanese downloaded game has no toggle for nudity, so you are stuck with adult filtering on which change all body textures.
I guess it's done to prevent Japanese gamers from downloading a European/US game client and playing the game uncensored. Sucks though 🙁

Top Bottom