Request for a "Mod Conflict Detector" & "Integrated Cyberpunk Verification Repair Process"

+
Greetings,

- Would like to place a suggestion for a Mod Conflict Detector.

That is to say a feature that points out exactly what component (of a mod) is conflicting with another component after a game-scan. This is especially highly desirable when dealing with a mod-conflict.

- In addition, I would also highly recommend to incorporate into Cyberpunk 2077, its very own verification process, that scans for, removes, replaces and repairs faulty game components. This could have the added effect that the game would start playing normally again, while the faulty mod(s) stop working, effectively revealing itself.

The reason I ask for this is that, with all due respect for Steam's verification process, the very fact that any game, not just Cyberpunk, still crashes after a successful verification process, signals to me that Steam's verification process misses something. In fact, I'm actually of a thought that Steam's verification process merely verifies whether all game components are present, rather then also verifying in what state they are.

It will "reacquire" any component that could not be verified, but seemingly, the faulty components that were actually verified, it will leave as is, effectively letting the player keep looking for a needle in a (colossal) haystack.

That's why I think a Mod Conflict Detector and an integrated repair process, could help modders and players alike tackle issues a lot more swiftly.

Please give it some thought. Thank you.

Kind regards.

Upvote 0
The reason I ask for this is that, with all due respect for Steam's verification process, the very fact that any game, not just Cyberpunk, still crashes after a successful verification process, signals to me that Steam's verification process misses something. In fact, I'm actually of a thought that Steam's verification process merely verifies whether all game components are present, rather then also verifying in what state they are.
Well it could crash due to something else. We have been sniffing out some very odd issues on this forums even. its not allways the game code/files thats the issue. And a mod detector probably wont happend since they would need to update it constantly to req new mods and so on. Might be some modder willing to do that tho if its possible.

Top Bottom