Runestone Silver Card within different Factions - A Slight Rework?

+
Runestone Silver Card within different Factions - A Slight Rework?

I have an suggestion for the Runestones not only in Northern Realms but in other factions as well, as the ability currently for these Runestones is not that interesting or even get much play, competitively either but could be wrong, as the ability seems rather tedious, not very creative, and really can't see any creative use for this?

So, for the suggestion this is what I thought of:

Zoria Runestone

create a Northern Realms Silver card then randomly boost 2 units on the board by 1.

Dazhbog Runestone

create a Nilfgaard Silver card then randomly boost 2 units on the board by 1.

Devana Runestone

create a Monsters Silver card then randomly boost 2 units on the board by 1.

Morana Runestone

create a Scoia'tael Silver card then randomly boost 2 units on the board by 1.

Stribog Runestone

create a Skellige Silver card then randomly strengthen 2 units on the board by 1.

Regards,
byExeplar

byExeplar;n10023631 said:
[...] as the ability currently for these Runestones is not that interesting or even get much play, competitively either but could be wrong [...]

First of all, I would like to point out that a lot of special cards are meant to be used in conjunction with other cards. In the case of the Runestones, it has the alchemy tag, meaning Vesemir can pull it out. This interaction alone can justify using Runestones. Another reason can be for an Alchemy NG deck that uses Viper Witchers or (to a lesser extend) for the DBPs in a Spell'Tael deck.

Having said that, the Runestones are pretty redundant because there really isn't any good reason to have 5 separate cards, instead of having 1 neutral card that states: "Create a silver card of your current faction". This leaves the impression that the card count has been artificially increased, either to give the idea that there are more new cards or to give players other ways to spend their resources. Then again, maybe somewhere during the creation process, the abilities of those cards were changed.

Lastly, about your suggestion, it would be more logical to have it boost the card you've just created, unless it was a spy.

4RM3D;n10023961 said:
the Runestones are pretty redundant because there really isn't any good reason to have 5 separate cards, instead of having 1 neutral card that states: "Create a silver card of your current faction".

Pretty much nailed it in one! CDPR team should of just made 1 Runestone and Neutral then have what you suggested, makes much more sense that way instead of having it all the same in 5 factions. Unless, CDPR has a plan in why they did so, maybe but I can't see this being played at all or if lucky occasionally, this card is situational it seems though just add the Silver card you want to simplify it. heheh ::D

Additionally, this card could be just a "fun" card for the new Arena "draft" mode...

Regards,
byExeplar

:hmm:

Last edited:
Top Bottom