Sandevistan still slows down V

+
1695818711814.png

Despite an effort by CDPR to detail in the description of the Sandevistan Operating Systems that they do not slow you down, they still do slow down V.
Sandevistan is supposed to be super speed ; time isn't actually slowed down, it's just that V becomes insanely fast, but for gameplay purposes, it translates to everything around you being slowed down.

Since every Berserk OS is now tied to Melee weapons only, I wanted to give a try to Sandevistan to help my Shotgun build since they aren't usable with Berserk anymore.
However after some testing I can 100% confirm that V is still slowed down herself when using Firearms while using Sandevistan. Shooting and reloading with any ranged weapon is slower, making them feel so much worse while Sandevistan is active. For some reason this is only the case with ranged weapons ; melee weapons keep their normal attacking speed.

Either this is a bug, or it's something CDPR failed to detail in the Sandevistan descriptions. I doubt this is a bug or intentional though because either way, it doesn't make sense.

I think is intentional, at least under my interpretation of cp77 weapons and cyberware. The cyberware modifies your body behaviour, maybe in this case overclocking your brain and pumping your muscles to have does reflexes, temporal perception and muscles that are able to keep up.
But guns? Either if it is gunpowder kind or your tech I guess electromagnetic one (? idk xD), they follow another set of physic rules, that your cyberware can`t do anything about it. The trigger action, the cycling, the feeding... all in the guns following a fixed set of time either by the gas pressure generation and propagation, the springs time of reaction or maybe in the tech weapons the load time of batteries or wtf, just a whole different system, a different machine, just like the ones of the enemies that don`t enjoy your sandevistan xD

I think is intentional, at least under my interpretation of cp77 weapons and cyberware. The cyberware modifies your body behaviour, maybe in this case overclocking your brain and pumping your muscles to have does reflexes, temporal perception and muscles that are able to keep up.
But guns? Either if it is gunpowder kind or your tech I guess electromagnetic one (? idk xD), they follow another set of physic rules, that your cyberware can`t do anything about it. The trigger action, the cycling, the feeding... all in the guns following a fixed set of time either by the gas pressure generation and propagation, the springs time of reaction or maybe in the tech weapons the load time of batteries or wtf, just a whole different system, a different machine, just like the ones of the enemies that don`t enjoy your sandevistan xD

That actual makes a lot of sense now that you put it like this. The motions of V swinging blades and hammers aren't slowed down since V holds the weapon, but the mechanisms of the Firearms can't be affected by the super speed at which V goes, so they are slowed down.

I feel a little stupid for saying it made no sense since this didn't cross my mind ; either way I still think it would be nice if they made that clear in Sandevistan's descriptions, because even if it does make sense for the firearms to be slowed down while it's active, it's still something that could be removed for gameplay purposes ; especially since firearms can't use Berserk anymore.

That or make a Berserk OS that affects firearms, but with different stat changes.

Top Bottom