Kerenzikov + melee weapons after 2.0

+
Hi everyone! This post can be considered both as a glitch report and a suggestion for changing the gameplay for this combination of cyberware and weapons. I haven't seen many posts talking about this, but since update 2.0, a kerenzikov gameplay mechanic has undergone a significant change, it basically no longer activates with melee weapons (there is actually a way to activate it under these conditions, I will explain it in the post).

I particularly didn't like this change because I always used monowire and karenzikov, which made gameplay fun and didn't force me to give up a cyberdeck to use a sandevistan.

I honestly think that the ideal would be to just allow the use of kerenzikov even with mele weapons, but if that never happens, I ended up discovering a rather strange way of activating kerenzikov with mele weapons.

For some reason grenades are considered long-range weapons, so if you have a mele weapon equipped, but hold down the button to throw a grenade and then use a dodge, dash or any other action that would activate the kerenzikov, it will be activated. This seems a little strange to me, and maybe it's just something the cdprojekt team missed, since the knives "in theory" are also throwable, but they don't activate the kerenzikov.

My appeal is actually for the gameplay design team to just rethink this change and allow kerenzikov to be activated as before, without making it specific cyberware for long-range builds and without the need to keep doing these immersion-breaking tricks, because it's kind of strange to imagine that in the middle of a fight someone would randomly pull out a grenade to slow down the time.

Welcome to my least favorite change of the update. Sandevistan is fun because everyone else is slow, Kerenzikov is fun because YOU are slow. Slashing or punching gonks in slow motion is a different kind of fun than the Sandy, and it was too cool to be allowed I guess. They probably didn't want it to work with the "bullet time" perk or something.

The berserk change is pretty lame to me too in other news. I would have thought Rebecca from the anime would be a berserk user, but nope I guess.

Here is a mod to rectify this nonsense.
Ye Olde Kerenzikov

There could have been a melee only berserk and a ranged only kerenzikov that were optimized for those roles, but making EVERY choice have the same limitations would have seemed pretty lame even if it had always been that way. It is especially questionable to do so after the game allowed these combinations for years.

These are not logical limitations to these cyberware, they are not appropriate for the source material either afaik.

Yes, I agree with everything you said. Thanks for the mod suggestion, but I play on Ps5 so unfortunately no mods for me.

I had to change my playing style a little because of these changes in the way Kerenzikov behaves with melee weapons. Using grenades to activate the kerenzikov is possible, but it is not very practical to do this every 4 seconds.

Maybe they made it unfeasible to use it with melee weapons to prevent the damage mitigation effect from somehow being accumulated with the defenzikov and other perks, idk. I hope they make some adjustments to the way the kerenzikov is activated

These are not logical limitations to these cyberware, they are not appropriate for the source material either afaik.

I believe that it is to align with their future plans for multiplayer/PvP in the next Cyberpunk game they are working on. :rolleyes:

I believe that it is to align with their future plans for multiplayer/PvP in the next Cyberpunk game they are working on. :rolleyes:
Well good luck implementing time slows at all in that case. What is everyone else going to wait their turn or something?

You'd have to slow the instance down for everyone whenever someone popped a cooldown. It'd feel like everyone got CCed at once and then if you had your own you could pop it to move at normal speed again. It could work conceptually but I don't trust them to do it well if I'm being honest, shocker I know.

Last edited:
Even if that were the case, it doesn't make much sense to me to think that implementing changes to the gameplay mechanics of Cyberpunk 2077, a game that is already finished, would have any connection to gameplay mechanics supposedly being implemented in a future game that is still in development and doesn't even have a release date. I imagine each game is treated as a separate project, and from my perspective, Cyberpunk 2077 can certainly influence the gameplay mechanics of future games in this universe to some extent, but the reverse doesn't seem practical, especially now. Cyberpunk 2077 is a completed project. I believe any implemented gameplay changes in Cyberpunk 2077 are done solely with consideration for the existing gameplay design of the game, but of course, I could be mistaken

yabab

Forum regular
The change I didn't like in 2.0 was not being able to remove scopes from Snipers. What ya gonna do, right? Just gotta live with it!

Well good luck implementing time slows at all in that case. What is everyone else going to wait their turn or something?

You'd have to slow the instance down for everyone whenever someone popped a cooldown. It'd feel like everyone got CCed at once and then if you had your own you could pop it to move at normal speed again. It could work conceptually but I don't trust them to do it well if I'm being honest, shocker I know.

They did it with Max Pain multiplayer.
But your general comment is not wrong...

Top Bottom