Saving being my enemy

+
I have been playing this game for a few but every time I am going to save it either takes a while until it finishes or it doesn’t even save it and corrupts it. I had to restart from the very beginning many times and I am slowly losing my mind. I play on series s, anything I could do?

This sounds like an Xbox issue, I know they've been having some serious problems With Baulders Gate 3... which led them to discovering a major flaw with how saves work in the Firmware on Xbox Series X/S which is affecting multiple games, and they released a firmware update to attempt a fix for it, with another update coming at some point.

If you haven't already I would check the firmware version of your Xbox and see if there is an update. I'd also check Microsoft's help section to see if there are any tips there. I know that Larian had to post some workarounds and tips for BG3 to their official forums to try and help players while they wait for a more permanent fix.

To be clear I'm not 100% sure this is the issue you're dealing with but based on my understanding of the situation it might be a good place to look.

This sounds like an Xbox issue, I know they've been having some serious problems With Baulders Gate 3... which led them to discovering a major flaw with how saves work in the Firmware on Xbox Series X/S which is affecting multiple games, and they released a firmware update to attempt a fix for it, with another update coming at some point.

If you haven't already I would check the firmware version of your Xbox and see if there is an update. I'd also check Microsoft's help section to see if there are any tips there. I know that Larian had to post some workarounds and tips for BG3 to their official forums to try and help players while they wait for a more permanent fix.

To be clear I'm not 100% sure this is the issue you're dealing with but based on my understanding of the situation it might be a good place to look.
The Xbox update was released few days ago (or at least is available) to fix the issue some encountered on BG3 (i.e loosing their saves).
At least I installed it, even if I didn't encounter any issue with save on BG3 myself since release.

I have been playing this game for a few but every time I am going to save it either takes a while until it finishes or it doesn’t even save it and corrupts it. I had to restart from the very beginning many times and I am slowly losing my mind. I play on series s, anything I could do?

In case, you can check if the OS is up to date anyway :
- Checking Xbox OS update.
Settings → System → Updates

Few other things :
- If you linked your GOG account to get the rewards, disable "cross-platform saves" in the game settings (enabled by default when linking a GOG account)
Settings → Gameplay → cross-platform Saves.

- Clear the cache.
Unplugging method, works on any Xbox:
1. Power down your Xbox using the Xbox controller or the Power Off button on your Xbox
2. Unplug the power cable from the back of your Xbox
3. Wait at least two minutes
4. Plug the cable back into your Xbox
5. Turn your Xbox back on
Software method, works only on Xbox Series X:
1. Press the glowing Xbox button on your controller
2. Scroll right to Profile & system
3. Select Settings with the A button
4. Select Devices & Connections > Blu-ray > Persistent Storage
5. Select Clear Persistent Storage

- And maybe delete all your local saves (it won't remove the your saves on the cloud, so your saves for all of your games will be downloaded again when launching it).
On your library (or homescreen), on Cyberpunk > start button > manage game and addons > registered datas > Delete all

Top Bottom