Saving System might be a reason for Crashes

+
There are 20 Manual Save slots, 10 Auto Save slots and 3 Quick Save Slots in the game.

The game performs an Auto Save very often, sometimes once a minute. Here's an example of 4 Auto Saves happening in just 4 minutes - https://streamable.com/vyi929

As a result of this Auto Saving issue the save slots get clogged really fast.

I like to keep the save slot screen clean and simple. So I started deleting every unwanted save file regularly - once an hour or even more often. Because if you don't delete them, they get rewrited again and again.
And I only use up to 4 Manual Save slots.

For 2 days now I haven't experienced any crashes, considering that I've been playing fairly long sessions.

I know it might be just a hunch, but regardless I wanted to share.

P.S. The stuttering auto save really is an issue, though. Because when the game performs an Auto Save it also stutters noticeably.

P.P.S. PlayStation 4

Attachments

• Save Slots screen.jpg
    Save Slots screen.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:

Guest 4421288

There are 20 Manual Save slots, 10 Auto Save slots and 3 Quick Save Slots in the game.

The game performs an Auto Save very often, sometimes once a minute. Here's an example of 4 Auto Saves happening in just 4 minutes - https://streamable.com/vyi929

As a result of this Auto Saving issue the save slots get clogged really fast.

I like to keep the save slot screen clean and simple. So I started deleting every unwanted save file regularly - once an hour or even more often. Because if you don't delete them, they get rewrited again and again.
And I only use up to 4 Manual Save slots.

For 2 days now I haven't experienced any crashes, considering that I've been playing fairly long sessions.

I know it might be just a hunch, but regardless I wanted to share.

P.S. The stuttering auto save really is an issue, though. Because when the game performs an Auto Save it also stutters noticeably.

P.P.S. PlayStation 4

Just got me and some friends to test this. We all deleted everything to keep 1 manual save and just 1 autosave then drive around for 1hr and keep deleting autosaves to keep only 1 as can't turn off completely.

4 friends still crashed whilst driving on empty road.

We are on mix of PS4 and PS5. The crashes were on both consoles 2 each.

Was really hoping this was the problem with crashes :D

But I am done with game now until NG+. Finished Street Kid life path and 100% side activities and must of been at least 40-50 crashes to get through painfully. Almost relief of just getting it over with.

Attachments

• Character.png
    Character.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 66
Top Bottom