"Secret" Fast Travel Locations

+
At the base of Building 10, just behind the cops on the sidewalk, there's a sign for the NCART and an elevator. If you take that elevator to "Platform" there's a NCART station gate that you can use to fast travel. It's not a marked FT location on the map, but it works (outbound only).

Anyone found other FT access points that are not marked on the map?

NCART-Secret.jpg

Most of the NCART stations are not marked on the map but can be used as fast travel, the NCART was meant to be the usable train that was cut.

Well, one of the things that's different about V's Megabuilding is that the default NCART terminal is on his floor (for convenience), not at the base of the street level stairs. Perhaps that NCART was intended to take the place of the one you find at other Megabuildings?

Well, one of the things that's different about V's Megabuilding is that the default NCART terminal is on his floor (for convenience), not at the base of the street level stairs. Perhaps that NCART was intended to take the place of the one you find at other Megabuildings?

I have not tried to make the FT terminals fit into the actual world setting in my mind, as I don't think they make enough sense. I mean, did the mass transit board for the city really think they needed a dedicated stop for "Wraith Camp"? :)

For some of them I can think of them as "ticket dispensers" -- so you get a ticket there and then you must have walked to the nearest NCART station and we just don't see it. But for a lot of the FT terminals they just don't make any sense so I just don't think about them as in-universe objects, but just part of the game design.

I've found 2 more that are not marked on the map, one is a normal dataterm. The NCART is on an upper floor in east Japan town, right above where a police shootout happens. The dataterm is in Watson half way between north most clothing store and the dataterm to it's south, it's sitting in an alleyway behind the buildings.

Most of the dataterms are sitting next to what looks like a bus stop.

I got the achievement of finding all fast travel points, and I wasn't trying to find all, so I guess these are not a secret, you only need to visit all points of interest.

I'm betting the achievement is to discover (add to your map) all of the ones marked on the map, and doesn't figure in ones that are not on the map.

Anyone found other FT access points that are not marked on the map?

There are loads of NCART stations that are unmarked around the map, several in each region in fact. All of the stations in Santa Domingo are unmarked for example. I spotted at least 3 Downtown that are unmarked as well as a few in Heywood. The rail does lead into Pacifica, but I didn't notice a NCART station there (yet.)

I have not tried to make the FT terminals fit into the actual world setting in my mind, as I don't think they make enough sense.

The FT Terminals are supposed to be terminals to order a Combat Cab. So I suppose technically using those is taking a taxi. I don't personally use fast travel in games, but the Combat Cab logo is on the screen of the terminals.

The FT Terminals are supposed to be terminals to order a Combat Cab. So I suppose technically using those is taking a taxi. I don't personally use fast travel in games, but the Combat Cab logo is on the screen of the terminals.

That makes sense. It would have been intended to summon a cab the same way you summon your owned vehicle. Then you'd get in and if you wanted to be there fast you'd hit the button to "skip ride" just like you can when you ride with an NPC.

That makes sense. It would have been intended to summon a cab the same way you summon your owned vehicle. Then you'd get in and if you wanted to be there fast you'd hit the button to "skip ride" just like you can when you ride with an NPC.

Yeah could have been. I would of liked to have legit cab rides and functional NCART. Things like that are vastly better than "fast travel" features in my opinion.

Daleman service, he is own of your buddies and is willing to give free rides. His transit for the current V does work. Don't know why V can't just call him for rides

Another NCART location, southern Arroyo just north of the shopping area next to a Drop Point and just east of the ripperdoc.

I have not tried to make the FT terminals fit into the actual world setting in my mind, as I don't think they make enough sense. I mean, did the mass transit board for the city really think they needed a dedicated stop for "Wraith Camp"? :)

For some of them I can think of them as "ticket dispensers" -- so you get a ticket there and then you must have walked to the nearest NCART station and we just don't see it. But for a lot of the FT terminals they just don't make any sense so I just don't think about them as in-universe objects, but just part of the game design.

The rapid travel terminals are just re-skinned Witcher III signposts. They had working code for that and they (for some reason) decided that the train system wasn't working, so they just dropped it in.

My guess is that they implemented Witcher III signposts in Cyberpunk for convenience during development, and then when they switched over to the trains either
  • People thought the trains were too slow/boring, or
  • People thought they didn't go to enough places, or
  • Perhaps there were techical difficulties/bugs with the trains
And so they just stuck with the signposts.

The train system works fine, in fact the Corpo start uses one. If you get on the tracks themself you can hop on one for a ride.

They do go to many places, every Megabuilding as such. Where the train doesn't go, buses pick up the slack like out in the badlands.

------

Found another station, a large double sided building in north Arroyo next door to the 3 sat dishs of the Arasaka compound.

Last edited:
Top Bottom