Selling vs Disassembly for Components

+
What's your rule of thumb whether to sell for eddies, or disassemble for components? Assume you have no pressing need for eddies at them moment.
I just started Act 2 and I find myself sellng more than I disassemble, but those Tier 3 and higher weapons are looking quite tempting to take apart...

I've been taking apart everything, since the very beginning, and haven't had any issues with money.

(Currently level 25 with 250k+ eddies.)

PS. I'll add that because I specialize in Intelligence, I'm making truckloads of money from crafting and selling quickhacks.

Last edited:
I disassemble everything.

Money is easy to find, especially now in 2.0 with enemies dropping money shards of different tiers. Components on the other hand cannot be bought and I'm constantly starving for them.

Plus for immersion reasons I love to dismantle everything to keep my V grounded as a struggling Merc in Night City. Money is terribly unbalanced in the game so If I were to start selling, I'd be as rich as 50 Saburo Arasakas :D

Haven't had any issues with money so far (been doing lot of gigs and side stuff while avoiding main quests). Lately I have been disassembling all clothes. Weapons I may sell or disassemble. Depends if I want to refill my wallet or get rid of stuff fast.

Disassembling 100%

You definitely do not need to sell weapons to make a ton of money since 2.0. I'm level 46, done with Watson and some other gigs here and there, have bought all the apartments, most cars, almost all of my cyberware slots are filled and I'm sitting on 300K eddies. Money is much easier to come by in 2.0.

Components though... You can get a lot of them but you can burn through them extremely fast upgrading everything.

Yep, money wasn't an issue before and still not an issue. Also components cannot be purchased, so obviously, I dismantle everything :)

Beside, I could be wrong, but it seem they increased the price of items. I sold a few assault rifles at the very beginning for my first cyberwares and I was surprised by the resale price (before, it was worth nothing at all before the end of the game). I think they also increased the money reserve of stores and drop points. Before it was 20K max refilled every 24H, now it seems that I saw more than 100K at the end of the game.

Feel free to start selling the lower tiers you find once the components aren't relevant for you though. The exchange rate for refining them up is pretty abysmal and even commons can be worth a chunk of change if you need a boost there. Right now I'm selling anything under t4. You will eventually get tight on cash for various reasons unless you are ignoring cyberware stat rerolling etc.

DISMANTLE ALL THE THINGS!!!

Ahem, I mean, yeah. I don't bother selling stuff. I'm awash with eddies and crafting has allowed me to have a T5 cyberdeck before T4 stuff was even available to buy from rippers.

Feel free to start selling the lower tiers you find once the components aren't relevant for you though. The exchange rate for refining them up is pretty abysmal and even commons can be worth a chunk of change if you need a boost there. Right now I'm selling anything under t4. You will eventually get tight on cash for various reasons unless you are ignoring cyberware stat rerolling etc.
Yeah, just going from T4+ to T5++ would require 196875 tier 1 components (for a single iconic weapon) and you get, what, 5 per gun. It works much better with quickhack components since there are only four tiers of components and someone realized that higher tier hacks should cost less (T2=35 components, T3=30, T4=25, T5=12). During a very hard (faster leveling) playthrough I managed to craft 4 T5 quickhacks at the moment I got a T5 deck.

One solution would be allowing higher tier junk that would level like the rest of the stuff, another would be changing the ratio of lower tier components needed for higher tier to something more reasonable like 3:1. Then you'd need 81 T1 components for one T5 instead of the current 625.

The 5:1 ratio is also inconsistent with selling prices; you get 21 eddies per T1 component if you craft and sell T1 Copperheads, which goes down tier by tier all the way to 0.25 eddies per T1 component if you upgrade them to T5 and craft T5 Copperheads. I don't see any reason why there should be an almost 100-fold loss if you want to avoid tedium. It doesn't really matter in the end, because you can make money very easily now, more like someone just didn't do the math.

e. clarification

Last edited:
just sell everything except the junk for €$ 3. upgrading is too expensive compared to simply selling the old and buying a new one. this game still has no economics.

Top Bottom