Shoot through walls?

+
I'm able to shoot through every single wall no matter how thick or far they are. Is this intended?

Just seems OP to me, I'm one shotting everything with 15k+ crit damage by just shooting them through the walls and this is regardless of how many walls there are as well.

EDIT: I even swapped sniper rifles many times and all variants seem to be able to go through them walls

It is a mechanic whose theoretical functionality I think is to hit enemies from cover, but it works the same if you have a wall in your face.

A possible fix would be that it only goes through walls from a certain distance, but in my opinion, it is still a somewhat abusive mechanism.

I believe there are some weapons and cyberware that do let you do this legitimately, when combined! What's your current load out?

I believe there are some weapons and cyberware that do let you do this legitimately, when combined! What's your current load out?

I'm currently using the Overwatch sniper, my equipments I can't recall for sure and I can't check it right now as my game is updating xD but I'm pretty certain they all have either more armor or resistance to a specific damage type, but nothing about shooting through walls.

I also have a Nue with a silencer; this one can't shoot through them.

Tech weapons can fire through walls. That's their feature.

Power weapons ricochet (so you can hit enemies around corners).

Smart weapons "lock on" to enemies and let you hit them without having to aim at them.

What type the weapon is is listed in its description just below the main stats.

Tech weapons can fire through walls. That's their feature.

Power weapons ricochet (so you can hit enemies around corners).

Smart weapons "lock on" to enemies and let you hit them without having to aim at them.

What type the weapon is is listed in its description just below the main stats.

The Overwatch, it's an iconic Power Sniper Rifle. In the description it says it should ricochet off surfaces but at the moment it's working like a Tech weapon.

EDIT: So the overwatch is a SPT32 Grad variant and the ingame description for these says:

Untitled.png

It says at the end "No wall will stop it from hitting its target" so perhaps it's an extra trait of this Sniper Rifle? It's up to interpretation I guess but gameplay wise, it really does go through walls and I tested it with another SPT32

Last edited:
Tech weapons are definitely on the list of game breaking BS that turns any difficulty into easy mode. It's not the only thing unfortunately, the balancing in this game is absolutely terrible.

I've raised this as a bug to CDPR on the Contact us section. I'm pretty certain the SPT32 Grad shouldn't shoot through walls. It should have the ricochet mechanic, yet this is completely ignored by the fact that it works as a Tech weapon.

It is a mechanic whose theoretical functionality I think is to hit enemies from cover, but it works the same if you have a wall in your face.

A possible fix would be that it only goes through walls from a certain distance, but in my opinion, it is still a somewhat abusive mechanism.
The problem here it's doesn't matter what's on the other side from you, snipers bullet go right trough like the wall is made out of butter.

Tech weapons can shoot through walls / cover, it's stated in the perks and on the guns themselves.

Last edited:
ikr? Especially something that is essentially a anti-material rifle with a pretty high caliber bullet.

You don't even need a gun that extreme.
There are several handguns that are more than capable of shooting through a cinder block.
Most walls are hollow and are covered with nothing more than sheetrock/drywall and a thin layer of paint.
Even outside walls are made in the same way, except for the fibreboard, or plastic house siding not much there's stop a bullet from a large caliber handgun. But yes they would leave holes, very very big holes. Lol

I'm able to shoot through every single wall no matter how thick or far they are. Is this intended?

Just seems OP to me, I'm one shotting everything with 15k+ crit damage by just shooting them through the walls and this is regardless of how many walls there are as well.

EDIT: I even swapped sniper rifles many times and all variants seem to be able to go through them walls
I was able to shoot thru anything with my Blue quality Overwatch sniper rifle. Once I crafted a purple Overwatch Sniper Rifle I am now unable to shoot thru obstructions. Same mods, same specs and same cyberware.....bummer. I wish I kept the blue quality rifle but it melted when I made the purple upgrade Overwatch SR :( .....thinking of reloading back in time.....
Post automatically merged:

I was able to shoot thru anything with my Blue quality Overwatch sniper rifle. Once I crafted a purple Overwatch Sniper Rifle I am now unable to shoot thru obstructions. Same mods, same specs and same cyberware.....bummer. I wish I kept the blue quality rifle but it melted when I made the purple upgrade Overwatch SR :( .....thinking of reloading back in time.....
As they say in the Navy or Coast Guard, Belay My Last'. Which means disregard last statement. I had wrong weapon in slot...which is easy to do in this game do to CDPRs crappy inventory system. My new Overwatch, does in fact shoot thru walls. Ping and Overwatch is OP.....but I hope it stays :)

Last edited:
Post automatically merged:

As they say in the Navy or Coast Guard, Belay My Last'. Which means disregard last statement. I had wrong weapon in slot...which is easy to do in this game do to CDPRs crappy inventory system. My new Overwatch, does in fact shoot thru walls. Ping and Overwatch is OP.....but I hope it stays :)

There is a Kyoshi mod to your eyes that automatically highlights enemies who have spotted you. This is extra useful :)

In any case, I don't think it should be this way. I'm pretty sure it's a bug. The ricochet mechanic on this weapon is completely irrelevant because of this.

Top Bottom