Should I abandon this game for good?

+
jamai36;n8795170 said:
CDPR took a very bold and slightly unusual risk with Gwent's reward system.

Most competitors know they can't touch HS and can only hope for a small community to power them, so they do everything they can to be easier to get into. Yes you lose out on some potential per-player income, but it is much easier to grab someone if you are offering them much more early on.

Gwent offers you very little right off the bat and combines this with the fact that it costs an INSANE amount of money to purchase power in the game compared to any competitors. Where Gwent shines is that you get a lot of power over time. This does present a major risk to new player experience though.

Because of this, if you want a good deck, you either:
a) Have to grind for a much longer time than other non-HS CCGs
b) Spend much more money than other non-HS CCGs

Yes the tradeoff is potentially more money spent per player + more time spent in game per player, but grabbing a player in this CCG rich environment will prove difficult...

.. Unless your game is of course, really good. That's the gamble CDPR is taking. Time will tell if this high risk/high reward model will work out.

Yeah, its just really disappointing personally, I love(d) Gwent. I want to play and want to like this game, but I've played probably 30 hours over the past few days and I have about 1/3 of a good deck that is "meta". You get almost no dust for anything, everything costs too much of it. You hit the problems tho, too expensive/too much time needed.

IMO the problem is not the rewards that are very generous given you play a bit everyday. The mistake they made imo is to create too many gold cards in the first set and not enough bronze/silver. The rate of having a gold is quite good (around 1 every 15/20 kegs) but you barely get the one you want as there are too many and too many BS golds. Shitty golds should be reworked or removed

Quit if you feel it is too much. I won't stop though. Even after 17 straight games with no gold cards drawn. 25 cards 4 are gold in the deck and not a single gold in any game. Most games even made it to 3 rounds. Started getting pissed the 7th game. By the 9th I was laughing my a** off. What else could I do about it? Just work with the cards your delt. And find amusement in the screwed up luck that happens. Getting pissed off will most certainly not help in a strategic card game.

That's just my view though. :comeatmebro:

Wtf is everyone talking about here?? I was playing HS for years and i still barely have enough dust for a legendary craft.. Whereas in Gwent with the daily rewards and the GG system i can craft a gold card in 2-3 days MAXIMUM with just CASUAL playtime...

Games are definitely shorter too... My longest Gwent game?? 10-13 minutes... My longest HS game against a damn warrior control deck?? 25-30 MINUTES!!!!

And don't make start how you can't play the raid wings if you are f2p player.. you need ONE WEEK of playin to the point you have 100 gold daily (which isn't so easy) to unlock JUST ONE WING!!! Anf by the moment you complete the whole dungeon (after months of course) Blizzard is like "HA! TOO LATE PAL!!! WE HAVE NEW CARDS NOW WHICH ESTABLISH A NEW OP META SO THE CARDS YOU GAINED ARE ALMOST USELESS SUCKER"... And no I am not a Blizzard hater i play all Blizzard games except SC2 and now that gwent is out i have no reason to play HS too..

The above statements are FACTS even if you like them or not... The only subjective thing you can argue about it's which is game is better... And about that, IMO gwent is better cause HS is so heavily RNG influenced that it makes me feel sick unless i play with close friends just to kill time together...

Oh did i also mentioned that Gwent starter decks have Golds in them while in HS, starter decks have no legendaries whatsoever???? 0_o

jamai36;n8757590 said:
I know I am burning out personally - can only play a slightly altered starter deck for so long. In any other CCG aside from HS I'd more or less have a potent competitive deck by now (or two). Gwent is a longgg slog. I have just been spoiled in other CCGs I guess! Such a fun game but personally I am finding it a bit of burnout playing subpar beginner decks for so long.

Pretty much why I quit Hearthstone. I was hoping this game would be different, but considering the insanely good cards that get thrown at me and my pitiful starter level decks every game it seems this is another pay to win game masquerading as FTP. I'm more than happy to support good FTP games with my money if they can offer me a quality experience without being at a disadvantage if I choose not to spend money. LoL and HoTS spring to mind, as I've spent more than $200 probably between both games because I enjoy them so much and want to support them. If this game goes live in this state I certainly won't be playing or recommending it.

DEERCG;n8757740 said:
jamai36 Yes, agree with you. We need many days in progress to enough scrap for one normal legendary card. And very limit daily reward only for 3 or 4 kegs in day. Usually 30 scrap per kegs (4 common and 1 rare).

LOL "only 3/4 kegs per day?" In Hearthstone you need 3 days to buy a single shitty pack, and you only get garbage (40 dust mostly) But legendaries there cost 1600, here only 800 and you receive the same ammount of "dust". Man, reconsider what you are saying...

Top Bottom