Should they?

• Yes

Votes: 45 46.4%
  • No

Votes: 43 44.3%
  • No, but they should be an NPC

Votes: 9 9.3%

• Total voters
Hum, I just speak for me (because I agree this ending is the "most open"), but it's the "dumbest ending" in my opinion :)
V start the game by loosing everything, when tryng to do a big heist. So again, in the Sun ending, V go doing a heist again... A heist which is even more risky, even bigger and for someone who is involved in brainwash conspiracy...
It's never the ending that (my) V will choose. So I don't want to know and (my) V don't care, she leave Night City with Panam anyway :giggle:
Gotta agree here, it's the "V learned nothing" ending to me and (s)he loses everything again for some silly "getting rich" idea, but that's not denying others wanting a conclusion, just as I can understand that people want to know how V fares after the Nomad- or Arasaka ending, the latter being not my favourite, but the most interesting ending which left me with the same feeling of wanting to know more. But I stand by it, that I think that is how it was supposed to end, with lots of unanswered questions and an open ending everyone can interpret for themselves, so I still think from a storytelling perspective the game can end here and we don't need every question answered. I think that would spoil some endings too, if we knew exactly that this one is the "happy" one and the others are doom, it takes the enjoyment out of them and everyone just goes straight for Nomad (as many already do, probably because it's the one option that lets you keep Panam or Judy). As it is now, all "V lives for now" endings could suddenly turn to the positive, maybe the Arasaka one even being the lifesaver and the Nomad one your certain death, who knows. We can all continue with fanfiction from here. :)

Hum, I just speak for me (because I agree this ending is the "most open"), but it's the "dumbest ending" in my opinion :)
V start the game by loosing everything, when tryng to do a big heist. So again, in the Sun ending, V go doing a heist again... A heist which is even more risky, even bigger and for someone who is involved in brainwash conspiracy...

The reason the first heist failed was due to a one in a million Arasaka family meeting and the second one, he practically has nothing to lose and has the least amount of risk to other people dont really consider this one stupid at all from a lore or story consistency one(in fact you could make a case it's the most thematically consistent). Also in the Star ending you get a bunch of people killed, which is arguably just as dumb if not more so than going solo.

As for the "My V" part, I personally dont care about what my V or anyone elses would do, I dont consider V "my" V; I didnt name him/her and I barely have much control over his decisions. What I want is the most interesting plotlines answered and Mr Blue Eye's has clear implications (that actually connect with Gary of all people as well with very high end corpo stuff) with very interesting potential within the Cyberpunk lore. Also, Blue Eye's could easily be connected to Star as well, considering their whole objective was to find a cure for V.

I guess I care more about the setting/world of Cyberpunk more than any individual character. I think Pondsmiths world is a lot more interesting than me getting attached to what "my V" would do.

The reason the first heist failed was due to a one in a million Arasaka family meeting and the second one, he practically has nothing to lose and has the least amount of risk to other people dont really consider this one stupid at all from a lore or story consistency one(in fact you could make a case it's the most thematically consistent). Also in the Star ending you get a bunch of people killed, which is arguably just as dumb if not more so than going solo.
Yes, some die... But not only for V. The Saul's plan is to retrieve valuable stuff for the Aldecaldos to take a new start. And like Panam said, They knew what they were getting into (a little bit like Jackie).
As for the "My V" part, I personally dont care about what my V or anyone elses would do, I dont consider V "my" V; I didnt name him/her and I barely have much control over his decisions. What I want is the most interesting plotlines answered and Mr Blue Eye's has clear implications (that actually connect with Gary of all people as well with very high end corpo stuff) with very interesting potential within the Cyberpunk lore. Also, Blue Eye's could easily be connected to Star as well, considering their whole objective was to find a cure for V.

I guess I care more about the setting/world of Cyberpunk more than any individual character. I think Pondsmiths world is a lot more interesting than me getting attached to what "my V" would do.
I just speak for me, and (my) V, if CDPR decide to continue V's story, I assume it will be (my) V, in theory isn't it ? I will be able to import a save, like in most of game which continue a character story...
So during the Star Ending, V clearly said that what she search is not in Night City. And also before crossing the border she said that she have nothing to say to Panam, she's done with Night City for good ! (dialogue line that you have no control).

If you don't care about what (your) V think or did, it mean that V is not required to expand the lore, a new character will do the job as well. And even if it's the case, personally it won't bother me, I will consider V as a new character. Not mine, the one that I played in CP77 who chosen to leave the City Of Dreams Nightmares for good.

In that case we can almost agree, that we want to more know about Mr. Blue Eyes for example - point is we don't need V for it, it could be a different character who gets involved with him. There's a lot of open questions about other characters and the lore and I certainly want more of that, I just think it doesn't have to be V who uncovers it, her purpose was maybe a different one.

Edit: Guess @LeKill3rFou and I posted the same thoughts at the same time, must be something to it. :)

If you don't care about what (your) V think or did, it mean that V is not required to expand the lore, a new character will do the job as well. And even if it's the case, personally it won't bother me, I will consider V as a new character. Not mine, the one that I played in CP77 who chosen to leave the City Of Dreams Nightmares for good.

To be clear, I dont want V to be in the next game, like I said. I want the next character to be MUCH closer to the Tabletop, which means a character we fully create with life paths and all. However, I want questions to be answered and also the conclusion of V to make sense and V not being a part of Blue Eye's doesn't make sense to me unless V dies(Them introducing him to V sets the stage already, it's too late to back out at that point, imo).

The problem is it wouldn't make any sense for V NOT to follow up with Mr Blue Eye's consider he said, "I know what you want" clearly giving implications to V's condition. Wouldn't make much sense for him to just sit there and not follow it through(not to mention narratively that is typically what a writer writes to give indication to that specific character, not a way to introduce a new one to follow the plot mentioned to that character).

I'm hoping the xpac covers this so I dont have to be annoyed with it, but I dont want the next protagonist to be tied to any specific plotline that makes more thematic and narrative sense for V to follow with instead of just sitting in afterlife.
I would have been happier if V died in all the endings vs what we were given, personally; open ambiguous endings I'm fine with for one shots but for a sprawling world like this(specially if Cyberpunk 2 takes place in Night City) it most likely wont stop annoying me.

Also, Even star ending, despite what he says at the end, if he finds out Blue eyes is in night city and has a way for him to live, it wouldnt make sense for him NOT to go back.

Last edited:
The problem is it wouldn't make any sense for V NOT to follow up with Mr Blue Eye's consider he said, "I know what you want" clearly giving implications to V's condition.
Again, just my opinion, it's at condition that you (or your V) consider that Mr Blue Eyes can be trusted... More than Dex (your "buddy-trusty fixer"), more than Evy (which betray everyone to leave Night City with Judy), more than the VDBs (who clearly don't care after that V did what they want) or more than Arasakas (who don't care too).
So knowing he's involved in a brainwash conspiracy (Peralezs and several other peoples), I (and my V) won't let her fate and life to this "obscure and unknown dude" hands, no way. It make sense to me and my V to not trust him, whatever he could say... So whatever the ending, Mr Blue Eyes is a dude to avoid at all cost.
And again, this ending seem "dumb" to me, because as for the heist, V will make the same mistake again, i.e to trust an "untrustable" dude... it smells of deja vu :)

Last edited:
Again, just my opinion, it's at condition that you (or your V) consider that Mr Blue Eyes can be trusted... More than Dex (your "buddy-trusty fixer"), more than Evy (which betray everyone to leave Night City with Judy), more than the VDBs (who clearly don't care after that V did what they want) or more than Arasakas (who don't care too).
So knowing he's involved in a brainwash conspiracy (Peralezs and several other peoples), I (and my V) won't let her fate and life to this "obscure and unknown dude" hands, no way. It make sense to me and my V to not trust him, whatever he could say... So whatever the ending, Mr Blue Eyes is a dude to avoid at all cost.
And again, this ending seem "dumb" to me, because as for the heist, V will make the same mistake again, i.e to trust an "untrustable" dude... it smells of deja vu :)
Adding to that, I think Mr. Blue Eyes is more of a wish, that one hope to cheat death through some kind of mysterious messiah, even though there's no indication he can - if Arasaka, the actual creators of the chip and probably most technically advanced corporation can't (and they have no reason to leave the chip inside V on purpose, they probably want it back and don't gain anything from not removing it). The only thing Blue Eyes has going for himself is the aura of mystery and conspiracy, but you're right, wouldn't put much hope nor trust into him.

Adding to that, I think Mr. Blue Eyes is more of a wish, that one hope to cheat death through some kind of mysterious messiah, even though there's no indication he can - if Arasaka, the actual creators of the chip and probably most technically advanced corporation can't (and they have no reason to leave the chip inside V on purpose, they probably want it back and don't gain anything from not removing it). The only thing Blue Eyes has going for himself is the aura of mystery and conspiracy, but you're right, wouldn't put much hope nor trust into him.
For me it's mainly matter of trust (or not). Because we know that he (or whatever the "entity" behind his blue eyes^^) control Night City mayor (more or less), so who knows what other very influential peoples he might also control. Then we also know the "he" have access to very advanced technology (even "unknown" technology) and ressources.
So at the end, who know, "he" maybe could have a way to cure V, but will he do it ? I'm not really convinced, at least not enough to bet V's fate/life on it... Maybe we will have some answers in the expansion which will make me change my mind, who know :)

Personally I really want V to continue, because when a character has multiple games then it starts to feel like a long beautiful journey with each consecutive game.

Also Cherami Leigh did such a phenomenally impressive work with Valerie and to me it'd be a shame not to continue her character, because Cherami and her Valerie is one of the main reasons why I love and enjoy Cyberpunk so much. Usually I am not so deeply captivated by an actor's performance, but holy smokes whenever Valerie speaks my ears just fully perk up with fully devoted attention. I just can't get enough of her unique voice.

If they don't continue with her, then they just wasted such an amazing character and actress for a single game. I mean it's an amazing game for sure, but I really want more than one game with her.

Last edited:
I'd love to but I don't want to.

I explain myself, it's easy.

I'd love to because V is a very likeable character and I find her/him very roleplaying, even not being a blank state. I want more V, find them closure.

But I don't want to. I love all the endings almost equally. They are very very powerful each one in their own terms, flaws and strengths. So I can't choose a canon ending and I don't want one. It would be disrespectful -my point of view of course-. And you can't simply merge all the endings in a new story. You have too many variables (engram, Johnny, fate, love interest, decisions).

So... I have to complete my V's fate, and start a new page on Cyberpunk story.

I like the NPC option. It doesn't matter if he's alive or not. I like the NPC option. Interact with V. Gain some useful insight from them. In another thread I mentioned starkiller in star wars force unleashed 2. A large portion of the game, starkiller wonders if he is the real starkiller or a clone. Maybe V is the real deal in Project Orion. Maybe it isn't the real V, and the real V is dead. Either way, we are once again a nobody. Just another gonk with something to prove.

I don't want V to be the main character in the next game but it sure would be nice to go into the afterlife and hear people talk about the mercenary that destroyed Arasaka

The Heist ending IMO isn't "Dumb" in the sense V learned nothing, it just feels like they're setting something up that may never pay off.

They strongly imply that V is not getting paid in Eddies but something else, what that something else is, is left a mystery, my best guess something that could potentially cure them, or at least extend their life significantly giving them more time to find a permanent solution, that is really the only thing that makes sense, and based on the history of Mr Blue Eyes and his shadow organization (The little bit we know) experiments with the human mind and consciousness, it's very possible they have something to offer. And maybe V is just desperate enough or crazy enough to risk it if they think there is a cure, even if it's against their better judgment.

The problem with the ending is, because it's open, and mostly just vague implications it could go anywhere and mean anything and there is a very real possibility that we never see the result so it will stay unanswered. So, it's not a "Bad ending" it just may be a lot of hope and questions that never pay off.

My favorite ending is leaving with Panam, Either Male V or Female V, in both cases you get to leave the city with someone you love (Assuming you romance Judy or Panam), maybe they find a cure maybe they don't, but they seem at peace and happy and this feels like the most "Complete Ending" the most logical arc for V to take at least in my opinion. Siding with Hanako seems like a safe bet to get help but knowing how it ends is anyone surprised dealing with a Corp didn't work out for the best?

As for V in the next game, it's been said, but It may be better to Move on to a new character, making one ending cannon to fit the new game will undoubtedly cause disappointment, especially with anyone who does not like the ending they choose, leaving it open lets your ending be your ending, and Night city has plenty of stories to tell that don't need V at the center. Besides V isn't meant to be the "Hero" just one story in night city, a crazy story, a fight for survival, but there are plenty of others.

Having said that, I still think some things may be hinted at as cannon, I've said this in other posts things like people who die in one ending being alive in the new game, or exactly how "Strong" Arasaka is things like that will probably need to be accounted for so sure by process of elimination it may force things into being cannon, but I think V's ultimate fate probably stays vague. Of course, they could just do CP2075 and ignore this game entirely since it hasn't happened yet. Or get really crazy with it and transfer a save in, and depending on your ending V has a different start point in the sequel, maybe even has been cured? and the new story is heavily influenced by the ending, with large branching changes? who knows, it could happen, I doubt it as that would be an insane amount of work both for the writing team and the actual Dev team... But it super early and we haven't even gotten Phantom Liberty yet so anything can happen between now and then.

Top Bottom