So, how's your arena experience?

+
kbzon;n10691881 said:
9 Wins yesterday and all I get is an Unseen Elder?

Lol, greed is strong here :p
You did get Elder and 1 keg and around 350 ore and 100 scraps or powder. If you mill that elder it's 200 scraps more. It's not enough reward?

Anyway actually i like arena.

Today I had probably the most annoying game ever.

First, the guy was playing Radovid. So he was able to lock my Morkvarg. Then he proceeded to play Yarpen, Ocvist, Olgierd, Morkvarg and a strengthen resilient bronze dwarf that came from Barclay.

He had 17 points of carry-over in the second round.

Not ONLY that but he was able to steal my Shupe with Shilard. I swear I have the worst luck with my opponents. I can never go up against somebody new.

I was beyond pissed off.

Played an arena game where the opponent had three copies of Imlerith Sabbath and every single card he needed to boost it, reset it, strengthen it, etc. His entire deck was built around these three cards and his ability to use them. PLUS, in the second round he drew all three to his hand (or had them in his hand). Was just no way to counter all that. I find it off that in a game mode that is trying to promote randomness that he was able to get "random" draws that gave him three copies of this powerful card, and cards to boost it, and cards to damage enemies if he needed to bring their strength down, plus cards to boost cards in his hand, etc. Was just to perfect of a supposed "random" draw.

SkippyHole;n10608742 said:
Is it just me or is Arena just naturally boring?

You're not alone, i haven't had a single fun arena match in about 10 runs...
I hate to admit it, cause i've always considered this game far better than HS in every aspect, but if i had to rate the fun i've had in their respective arena modes it would be something like Gwent 1 - 9 HS...

It's been very mixed for me so far. I feel the prizes need to be more worth while as they are basically the same from 1 win to 8 wins. The gold cards are nice but should be animated as I have a near set of cards ill need new things to keep me wanting to play arena..

I've played 10 times through so far.. I was able to win 9 times twice so far and actually got golds I was missing..
I've placed 8 wins once, 7 wins twice, 6 wins twice, 3 wins and twice I've cancelled the contact because I got terrible draw 16 to 18 bronze and 4 golds.

it's fun but can be irritating when the card rarity is so slanted. The times I've won I've crushed 9 and 1 both times, other times its just lame. I don't mind paying 150 ore to play though, just don't know how long I'll play unless the prizes change.

Spent about an hour last night, on both the PC and PS4 and couldn't get past 2 wins on several decks. You wouldn't believe the crap decks I got. I'm not the best of players but I do understand the game. I can set up perfect combos with the mishmash I got but jimmy casual pulls a perfect counter with create and it's over.

Arena's great because it's random. But that can really piss you off when you play everything right and still lose. Anyway, we'll see how it goes after that but man, I actually laughed at the decks I got.

I just wish the entry fee is 100, since I'm back to building up my PC collection and need all the ore I can get.

My problem with arena is that it's scaled wrong. You don't get daily progression/quests, but that would be fine if it wasn't so unrewarding with the time you invest. You need 5 wins to go infinite, thats equivallent of 10-13 daily points. For the first 10 wins, you get 100 ore + 4 rewards of 15 something or a card, while in arena, you get 1 free keg for that? No thankyou, I'll rather play casual/ranked because it's safe and even gets me more stuff if I don't have time to play a lot.

Either at least double the entry fee&rewards (I personally would triple), because compared to something like HS, where your daily gold gain is on average below 100, in gwent you get 300 per day easily, but arena entry is the same. Or just enable daily rewards for arena if you are to keep the current format.
And this is coming from someone who enjoys that games have a lot of different formats. I am really sad that arena crushed my expectations...

While playing in the 6th seal of arena, the game crashed and I lost akk my progress. I´ve never had a better deck since then.

Arena is pure luck imo, played several runs and never got beyond two wins bc either my opponents have like 9 golds in their hand and drew some ridiculous combos and/or I get f***ed by wheather and didn´t draw one wheather clear ._. its basically random bullshit, no skill required :(

I just played a very interesting Arena game. Opponent played Arch Spore, then I dealt 3 damage to it. Next turn I used "Cyprian Willey" to weaken it by 4. Figured it wouldn't do it's "Deathwish" damage since "Weaken" clearly states if the unit dies "Deathwish" abilities are not triggered. But somehow the goddamn plant did it's damage anyway.

Then I thought "OK, this thing doesn't work as intended. Let's exploit it like the gentleman I am", and played the Nilfgaard leader Whatsisname (OP) to get Cyprian back to my hand. Then played that witch on a row full of enemy units. You know, the witch who has a "Deathwish" that sets the power of all units in the row to that of the weakest.

Then played good man Willey again, burned that skank and... nothing.

F**king nothing man.

Arena is just plain fun. On the plus side, I get to experiment with cards I never thought of including in any decks in all kinds of different scenarios. Also, closing the game with 2 consecutive Dijkstras feels really good.

Arch_Virgin

Weaken removed base strength. Cyprian Wiley weakened Archespore by 4, meaning the unit still had 3 base strength left and wasn't banished because of it. However, Iris is only 3 strength. Using Wiley on her will reduce her base strength to zero, which does cause her to be banished, leading to her Deathwish ability not triggering.

4RM3D;n10760061 said:
Arch_Virgin

Weaken removed base strength. Cyprian Wiley weakened Archespore by 4, meaning the unit still had 3 base strength left and wasn't banished because of it. However, Iris is only 3 strength. Using Wiley on her will reduce her base strength to zero, which does cause her to be banished, leading to her Deathwish ability not triggering.

That explains it... of course I'll forget this information minutes before playing those cards next time

still havent won more then 4 times yet. i gotta admit its not really for me and my exeptionally bad luck. i just cant seem to get anything consistent when building the deck.

Lick-The-Chicken;n10800651 said:
still havent won more then 4 times yet. i gotta admit its not really for me and my exeptionally bad luck. i just cant seem to get anything consistent when building the deck.

Amen to that! I got to round 5 once, but loss, other than that one time I sometimes make it to round 4 but lose every time. Its like every time you get thrown into a match with someone who has the most perfect arena deck ever created.

Top Bottom