Spider-Man suit mods and CP2077

+
I always prefer purely cosmetic gear in a game if it's possible. We'll all end up with unique and varied creations if this is the case. But if certain outfits have elite stats and/or street cred, we all end up the same. I think 2018's Spider-Man for PS4 addressed this in a way that'd work well for 2077.

Once you've unlocked a given suit, Spider-Man let the player switch the performance mod out for that of any previously unlocked suit. That way if your favorite perks didn't match up with your favorite look, no worries. You can mix and match. Given 2077's emphasis on style, the fact that it'll obviously have increasingly useful gear throughout the game, and Night City residents' ability to tinker with V's performance, the Spider-Man model may be a useful template here.

Cyberpunk gear will carry both perks and stats. But shouldn't all be transferable if you happen to prefer a specific outfit? It'd play right into the universe's mod-happy culture.

Last edited:

Sild

Ex-moderator
Yea, it's obvious from all the posts on this exact topic (stats & looks) that this is a big deal for a lot of people. Here's hoping CDPR take notice and solve this particular dilemma with grace and.. style.

I always prefer purely cosmetic gear in a game if it's possible. We'll all end up with unique and varied creations if this is the case. But if certain outfits have elite stats and/or street cred, we all end up the same. I think 2018's Spider-Man for PS4 addressed this in a way that'd work well for 2077.

Once you've unlocked a given suit, Spider-Man let the player switch the performance mod out for that of any previously unlocked suit. That way if your favorite perks didn't match up with your favorite look, no worries. You can mix and match. Given 2077's emphasis on style, the fact that it'll obviously have increasingly useful gear throughout the game, and Night City residents' ability to tinker with V's performance, the Spider-Man model may be a useful template here.

Cyberpunk gear will carry both gears and stats. But shouldn't all be transferable if you happen to prefer a specific outfit? It'd play right into the universe's mod-happy culture.

I like this idea quite a bit.

However, I'm also of the opinion that there should be some practical limitations for the sake of plausibility.
For instance, if, at some point in the game, V gains access to some heavy military-grade armor ensemble, transferring those stats and bonuses over to a stripper costume, lingerie, or some other similar skimpy attire might, perhaps stretch one's perception of suspension of disbelief.

Granted, on launch, the game is reported to be a single player offline game, so, who's anyone to say what anyone else should of should not be able to do with their own subjective play experience, but, at the same time, that way lies a slippery slope that risks opening a pandora's box of cartoon mechanics.

As such, I'm a little of the opinion, for the sake of vanilla artistry in the game, plausibility and a threshold of realism should be observed, but, as I'm a big supporter for opening up strong modding support for the game, all the deviations from plausibility and realism could get got from modding the game with all the cosmetic mods that might appeal to any player that could very well be posted on Nexus mods, or other similar modding community sites.

Fashion is big deal in Cyberpunk, Im sure devs are aware of it and find good solution to it, or they wont neglect it. I hope they do something what other games arent doing to be honest. Cyberpunk is almost the very first game what takes Fashion seriously.

Top Bottom