Non-removable Weapon mods is not fun

+
I have been enjoying 2077 since launch, and it was always nice to find a new weapon and convert it to the mods I was currently using. The disabling of mods in 2.0 really puts a damper on finding new gear and loading it up. Now if you don't find a weapon without open gear slots, you are stuck with that mod. I think that going back to where the mods were swappable, maybe only at a weapon vendor, would be a much better match for how customizable the rest of the game is.

They looked at Apple and decided to copy their strategy of removing features with every new version ,rather than adding them.

And yes making mods non-removable and removing them altogether from iconic weapons severely hinders non-lethal playthroughs. They also removed the non-lethal cyberware, making it that much worse.

One mistake and you've got a crapped gun thats "SO COOL" especially if its a relic weapon...

You can change your undo perks anytime, but not weapon mods, sounded weird when i heard it on stream, much weird to actually play like that

Clothing mods were annoying. I think adding extra boxes to the the cyberwear screen should have been a place for clothing mods, that way we could have changed clothes without worrying about changing mods.

But weapon mods... Man I miss weapon mods... I can't wait for a modder to add those back into the game.

You now need to choose and it’s : iconic weapons have their own unique mod which can’t be replaced, but they can be upgraded to the next tier ; normal weapons can be modded to go with your build, not anytime, but each time you unlock the same weapon on the upper tier (isn’t it enough to do it one every 10 hours ?). Mods are cheap, just buy them all for weapons you love at each gunshop and merge them with crafting to upgrade them.

Most weapon mods are not even worth using anyway due to the extreme trade offs on them.
I agree. The current system and limits make the mods seem very irrelevant. It would make more sense to just have mods fixed on "styles", or something, of each weapon and we could go to a weapon vendor and change the "style" of the weapon for whatever mods they were selling that day. But the current way it works in the game really does make it a bit more frustrating.

Removing the possibility to switch weapon mods was a gonk decision and i hope they reconsider and patch it back in...
I mean, come on... we can install the mod, but not remove it, while we can pull half our brains out and replace it with a cyberware mod, then remove that cyberware mod and put our brain back in. <== (obviously exaggerating here) ;)

Vote for switchable weapon mods!

Removing the possibility to switch weapon mods was a gonk decision and i hope they reconsider and patch it back in...
I mean, come on... we can install the mod, but not remove it, while we can pull half our brains out and replace it with a cyberware mod, then remove that cyberware mod and put our brain back in. <== (obviously exaggerating here) ;)

Vote for switchable weapon mods!

None of the crafting really meshes logically...

We can craft weapons.
We can craft mods.
We can add mods to weapons we craft.
We can't remove mods from weapons we find.
We can't even remove the mods we add to weapons we made.
We can't upgrade the weapons we made, but we can craft a higher tier version.
Unique one of a kind iconic weapons however? we can upgrade them, but not mod them.

It's a mess.

I still hope they change this 2.0 weapon mod system, so we can be able to remove or replace weapon mods, like it was before. I don't understand why they changed something that already worked well. Now the game's loot looks like Borderlands, you have to rely on luck to find weapons with empty slots. It's okay for an orange rarity weapon to come with mods, gray, green or blue... But not being able to replace these mods just doesn't make any sense.

I'm using this https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/9349 Which allows me to remove mods from weapons, and salvages them when I disassemble a weapon. It makes no sense to me that this mechanic was taken away from us...bad enough in the old game we had to go to a high level of Tech to be able to do this, or at lower levels, destroy a mod we wanted to replace. I truly do not see the sense in this new system.

Top Bottom