Stats and how they work

+
I'm currently rather confused about how stats actually work.
Example: Crit Chance
- +15% Crit Chance from Cyberware
- +60% Crit Chance from Equipment (4x +15% on chest)
- Stats Summary: 61% Crit Chance
Adding more crit on other gear has no effect on stats summary

Now I use a legendary Pistol fully modded out, which has additional crit chance modifiers:
- +49.74% from Weapon
- +12% Crit Chance from Perk High Noon
- +10% Crit Chance from Perk Westworld

That should put my total crit chance to ...
- 132.74% if I use the stats sheet
- 147.74% if I use the raw boni

Either way, every single shot should crit.
But it doesn't.

So I'd really love a useful explanation, on how the stats work.
How the hell am I supposed to make the right gearing and Perk decisions, if I don't understand what the net result is going to be?

Does anybody have any insights to it?
Would definitely love a useful tooltip in the stats panel to explain that as well :)

I would wager that V's crit chance is mitigated by the value of the target's "anti-crit stat" (evasion? armor?).

I do not see this explicitly listed on any of V's stats, so it is hard to say which stat(s) it is specifically. I would also guess that game difficulty may also affect actual crit chance.

I hope that helps!

I am myself struggling with gear quality at the moment. I have multiple of the same item, yet one may have say 2 armor and the other 40 armor. Does anyone know if there is a reason to keep uncommon/rare/etc over common quality, even if the uncommon version has higher bonuses?

As far as I can tell, the only advantage of higher "tier" gear is that it will have mod slots. And it is possible that the mean stat range of higher tier items goes up. But I've seen common and uncommon items that keep up with rare in terms of armor, so it seems a lot more tied to your/the looted enemy's level than anything else.

I have noticed, that almost nothing adds up correctly from inventory to the stat page. I have literally every crit chance multiplayer I can think of, and it fits at 40 on the page. What does that even mean? And don't get me started on how I add my armor up and it's no where near the 4k its displaying. I mean it! Mass crafting option would be nice too

Top Bottom