Stealth is Good

+
In the past many of us have mentioned that the 'footsteps' were too loud, and it didn't make any difference if you were barefoot or had shoes. You heard the sound of your shoes regardless of shoes or not. So trying to be stealthy really didn't seem so stealthy. I had said in quite a few posts that it would be great if CDPR could just give us a way to either shut off the footsteps sounds or adjust the loudness of the footsteps. We eventually were told this probably would never happen because of the way the sound track was created.

What's that old saying, 'Be careful what you wish for'? It seems that CDPR went one step further, much to my great surprise. It seems that now, if your character is barefoot, you now hear kinda soft barefoot sounds, and when you put shoes on, you hear your shoes. Has anyone else noticed this? While the subject may be kinda silly to some, this really makes a difference.

So a big Thank You to the folks at CDPR. This is appreciated.

UPDATE: As my game tag suggests, I always play my character (if possible) barefoot. I like to use stealth in a lot of the games I play. This new added change of the 'footsteps' has really helped with the stealth in this game. You no longer hear that 'clump...clump' sound of shoes. If you have your character barefoot or even with shoes, the sound is much softer now and almost completely quiet when you crouch. I know I'm not the only player that does this, so just letting ya know, it's nice that CDPR went to the trouble to make this change. Started a new character, new game, no mods, and just taking my time...again.

Top Bottom