Berserk = Melee Only

+
How we feelin about this one? I used to like using berserk in 1.6 ironically enough. It was the lesser of the gods when you got bored of cyberdeck and sandy shenanigans. It was actually better for most full auto gunner builds, time slow could end up just feeling like a drag sometimes if you were specialized.

Anyway I spotted this ol' pea shooter and got excited for a second-

Screenshot 2024-02-13 112947.png

-that is before my tired brain snapped back to reality that berserk ain't cool like that.

Could have been a fun playthrough, could still do it with a mod i guess. Long story short I think the melee only change was kinda lame. I think there should be at least a one off variant for guns. Maybe it'd be OP but who cares at this point? I mean you hardly need to be immune to damage if you are too fast to hit, or everyone you look at is disabled. Seems like it would be balanced to me.

What's the general opinion on berserk these days? If it worked with guns would it really change anyone's mind from getting a sandy or a cyberdeck for their dakka dakka builds outside of niche cases like this, or pure preference? I don't think it would be that crazy off the top of my head.

That's not the only gun that provides benefit when at low health. Death and Taxes, Riskit, Ba Xing Chong and Prejudice also give bonuses when low on health.

As far as the question of Berserk being melee only...

I'm generally of the opinion that there should be options for different playstyles within the OS slot. Cyberdecks that promote gunplay. Cyberdecks that promote melee usage. Berserk that allows gunplay etc.

More options are good options, as it's always fun to experiment with different set ups and playstyles.

Top Bottom