Steam sales

+
It's great that it started earlier this year.

Tiny bit disappointed we won't need another "Message to Gabe Newell" video this year though.

Last edited:

Forum veteran
What's so special about Steam sales? Everyone has huge sales these days, with a bunch of other stores matching or even beating Steam's sale prices a lot of the time, yet Steam always gets threads devoted to its sales. It's almost Pavlovian.

What's so special about Steam sales? Everyone has huge sales these days, with a bunch of other stores matching or even beating Steam's sale prices a lot of the time, yet Steam always gets threads devoted to its sales. It's almost Pavlovian.

Yes, it is.
And in case anyone's interested, the Valve Complete Pack went on sale a couple of hours ago at 75% off. Sale only lasts another three hours, so hurry if you're interested.

Forum veteran
While you're all being sheep, you should do something to stand out from the pack and pick up Velvet Assassin on Steam or Amazon for 50 cents. Very underrated game. Console-ized as hell, sure, with checkpoint saves and an inability to navigate menus with the mouse, but the cool kids will tell you that it's one of the better WW2 games out there despite its flaws.

Back on-topic because I have a question to ask.
Thief - released February, discounted 33% in this sale. How many sales is it likely to take to drop to at least 50% off?

so what are you guys getting?

Nada so far. So much backlog. STILL haven't finished Thief 4 - keep waiting for a quiet dark night to play. Loads of Shadowrun stuff to do. Watch Dogs ongoing. Original Sin and Wasteland 2 coming up.

Ugh. to be young again. Or to be a clone...

I picked up a couple of minor things that had been wishlisted - the Bioshock Infinite DLCs and Game of Thrones. The only things I REALLY want are too new to be discounted, like Watch Dogs and Thief.

I'm still working through my backlog too.

Forum veteran
Nada so far. So much backlog. STILL haven't finished Thief 4 - keep waiting for a quiet dark night to play. Loads of Shadowrun stuff to do. Watch Dogs ongoing. Original Sin and Wasteland 2 coming up.
... Have you ever actually finished a game?

the Bioshock Infinite DLCs
Episode 2 is awesome. Irrational Games should have made more stealth-oriented games before exploding.

Episode 2 is awesome. Irrational Games should have made more stealth-oriented games before exploding.

I'm looking forward to playing it. Bioshock Infinite was my first Bioshock game, but I went back and played the first two just so that I would appreciate the DLC more when I got them.

Welp I got all the games I want. Time to talk down other people's games and keep their wallets safe.

I'm looking forward to playing it. Bioshock Infinite was my first Bioshock game, but I went back and played the first two just so that I would appreciate the DLC more when I got them.

You could give a try to ss2 if it isn't too old to appeal you, 'cause dead space/deus ex/bioshock are from the same breed.

Top Bottom