Stick drift (right stick / camera) is back after update 1.3 :(

+
So since release there was always an issue with many players involving stick drift (most specifically the right stick / camera control), but thankfully someone posted deadzone settings that rectified this and I have not had the issue since release until update 1.3

Mind you there was always the odd time the cursor in menu's would trail of or drift at times, but was very manageable within the menu's and not throughout gameplay.

Since updating to 1.3 I am experiencing camera drift constantly throughout every aspect of playing and at this point has made playing unbearable / unplayable.

Firstly my controller is brand new and does not suffer from any drift at all within every other game I own and I own many.

Secondly I have tried an older controller and 2 seperate new controllers from roommates, all experience the exact same issues.

Thirdly, I have reset all control settings to default + I have tried various recommended settings via YouTube and Reddit and everything in-between = the drift still persists and I have no logical answer for this, other than something you have implemented within your 1.3 update has caused an issue.

The reason I believe this to be the case is that you posted in your patch notes under console specific "Inner Deadzone settings will now be applicable also to the menu".

It worked completely fine without issue before the update and now it doesn't ???
And please for anyone wanting to reply claiming it is my controller that is the issue or my settings, please read what I have posted = I have done my due diligence in troubleshooting this on my own and with others before writing this.

If anyone wants to reply with any constructive help / suggestions that are not of a blame shifting nature and actually helpful = I am all ears.

Outside of that, the update fixed alot of bugged gigs and generally added alot to the game that I appreciate, but at this point playing it with this camera drift is beyond unplayable and hope more like myself are bring this to your attention CDPR.

So since release there was always an issue with many players involving stick drift (most specifically the right stick / camera control), but thankfully someone posted deadzone settings that rectified this and I have not had the issue since release until update 1.3

Mind you there was always the odd time the cursor in menu's would trail of or drift at times, but was very manageable within the menu's and not throughout gameplay.

Since updating to 1.3 I am experiencing camera drift constantly throughout every aspect of playing and at this point has made playing unbearable / unplayable.

Firstly my controller is brand new and does not suffer from any drift at all within every other game I own and I own many.

Secondly I have tried an older controller and 2 seperate new controllers from roommates, all experience the exact same issues.

Thirdly, I have reset all control settings to default + I have tried various recommended settings via YouTube and Reddit and everything in-between = the drift still persists and I have no logical answer for this, other than something you have implemented within your 1.3 update has caused an issue.

The reason I believe this to be the case is that you posted in your patch notes under console specific "Inner Deadzone settings will now be applicable also to the menu".

It worked completely fine without issue before the update and now it doesn't ???
And please for anyone wanting to reply claiming it is my controller that is the issue or my settings, please read what I have posted = I have done my due diligence in troubleshooting this on my own and with others before writing this.

If anyone wants to reply with any constructive help / suggestions that are not of a blame shifting nature and actually helpful = I am all ears.

Outside of that, the update fixed alot of bugged gigs and generally added alot to the game that I appreciate, but at this point playing it with this camera drift is beyond unplayable and hope more like myself are bring this to your attention CDPR.
If you want to make sure the developers from CDPR see you post, I suggest you report your issue to the technical support. I know some devs are reading forums but still, it's the most direct way to put some emphasis of an issue in the game.

You can do that here

On X One X here and noticed this too, but for some reason it only happens to occur sometimes. but only when V is standing still, like in elevator and it doesn't always happen even then. I have brand new controller (my previous had starting to have right stick issues not related to game, but hardware gave up).

ipxLestat advice is good, contact support. Meanwhile, try to adjust your inner / outer deadzone from in-game menu.

Is now almost december and seems like the controller drift issue is still here. Just got the game this week and I am having the same issue, if I don't touch the left stick for 10-15 seconds, it will start drifting upwards, which is a really annoying thing in the menus and whenever want to have some chill time/conversation with an NPC. Please fix it.

Top Bottom