Stuttering & FPS Drop when Moving Mouse

+
Hey everyone,

I've recently been experiencing an odd issue with Cyberpunk 2077. Whenever I move my mouse, I encounter noticeable stuttering and a significant FPS drop. I'm curious if anyone else has had a similar issue and, if so, how you resolved it.

Tested multiple other games, including Baldur's Gate 3, Diablo 3, Overwatch "2" and World War Z.
So far only CP77 has this issue, and yesterday after updating to the new patch, everything was fine.

PC Hardware Details:

• CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D
  • GPU: RTX4090
  • RAM: 32GB DDR4 @3200
  • SSD: 1TB m.2 SSD about 80% filled
  • Motherboard: MSI X570-A Pro
  • Monitor: Dual monitor setup: 1 LG OLED TV with 4k@120hz and 2 LG FullHD monitor
Steps I've Taken:

1. Updated GPU drivers to the latest version.
  2. Checked for background processes that might be causing interference but found none.
Further Steps I will take and report:
  1. Verify integrity of game files via GoG Galaxy.
  2. Lower game settings to see if the issue persists (only done it partially - DLSS and RayTracing off)
  3. Adjust mouse polling rate (try both higher and lower values).

This mouse-related stutter is making the game almost unplayable for me.

Has anyone else experienced this or have any suggestions for troubleshooting? Would really appreciate any advice or solutions. Thanks in advance!

Reduced the Graphics to hell - didn't change anything.
Reduced the polling rate of the mouse Logitech Superlight Pro from 1000 to 125 since 250 was still making issues.

So my problem is resolved for now, thanks to MartineDee and hopefully this will help other unlucky players who come across this issue. Hopefully the devs can find and resolve the issue causing this.

I'm also pretty sure the G-suite from Logitech got an update yesterday.

I'm having the same issue. Game runs at 60fps with ray tracing, 120fps without it. Benchmark has no issues. Moving around in game (WITHOUT moving the mouse) gives me steady frames as expected. As soon as I move the mouse even 1 pixel my frames drop to between 1-4 fps

Of note: even moving the mouse around in the menu screens would freeze up the game. This is definitely not a pc performance related issue - monitoring software reports very low usages or resources when the freezing was happening.

Mouse is a Logitech 502 lightspeed wireless
The Report Rate in the logitech hub app was set to 1000Hz. I lowered it to 125Hz as recommended above and all issues are fixed.

Hardware:
Ryzen 9 3950x
RTX 3090
64 GB RAM DDR4 3200MHz
2TB SSD for the game
MOBO is a GIGABYTE X570 AORUS MASTER

This didnt fix my problem, even after changing the polling rate to 125Hz game is still stuttering/ripping the video

HW:
Ryzen 5600
RX 6600
32GB Ram DDR4 3200mhz
1TB SSD m2 nvme
Asus TUF GAMING B550-PLUS
Post automatically merged:

This didnt fix my problem, even after changing the polling rate to 125Hz game is still stuttering/ripping the video

HW:
Ryzen 5600
RX 6600
32GB Ram DDR4 3200mhz
1TB SSD m2 nvme
Asus TUF GAMING B550-PLUS
Im using Razer naga trinity, tried all possible settings in razer synapse, it didn't work

https://streamable.com/0mndjh - Video here addressing the issue, when mouse is moving video quality lowers significantly

Last edited:
Top Bottom