Succubus

+
No. It stays. That would be wayyyyyyyy too powerful otherwise.

One thing you have to remember is that when you steal an enemy unit, you are effectively getting DOUBLE its power as a swing play. The opponent loses that amount and you gain.

So say if you steal a 30 power unit.

You gain 54 power on them, with one card.

Combo Succubus with Caranthir or Drowners for maximum value! That way the opponent can't run their guys away, as you do get last say.

No, the succubus and its strength remain on the opponent's side, and the timer doesn't restart. You can still abuse the card against high single unit power stacking archetypes

kaalev

Forum regular
On a side note, Succubus should be reworked. In most cases it's giving your opponent a free 7 power unit since you can lock her or move highest unit to another row.

kaalev;n8744030 said:
On a side note, Succubus should be reworked. In most cases it's giving your opponent a free 7 power unit since you can lock her or move highest unit to another row.

Honestly, if someone runs succubus without a card that can move their opponents card to a row, then the loss is on them.

She should be weaker I think. If you don't hit a big target, she is very much a dead card.

Beside twisted mirror also give me a big swing and its silver.

kaalev;n8744030 said:

you can unlock her or move the unit back with a drowner.

she's a very good card, but has a high variation of outcome; which is often not desirable for a gold card.
also, her best use is against dwarves, and the deck isn't all that powerful in the current meta

PandaLin;n8744340 said:
She should be weaker I think. If you don't hit a big target, she is very much a dead card.

same can be said about igni, and i don't think anyone will be eager to buff that one

kaalev;n8744030 said:

so if a card has counter, it should be reworked ?

Bugii;n8744790 said:
so if a card has counter, it should be reworked ?

No, I'm saying it has too many drawbacks that makes it barely viable. Say you use her on a row with a 20 str unit. You trade 7 points for 20 if you succeed. 13 point gain with a chance of failure, fair enough. But alternatively you could just use Igni on the row and it would be worth 24 points. Just saying.

if you gonna run her run drowner but i suggest running mirror which initially does the same thing without the risk

Kaalev, irrespective of my general dislike for your posts, I will try to be polite: if you give an opponent a 7 strength card but steal a 20 str. Card, you have created a MUCH bigger swing than 13 points.

You gain 20, he loses 20 - 7 = 13. The total power swing is therefore 20 + 13 = 33 points. Keyword being swing.

Succubus is more than fine, particularly with the new Drowners. It is a super potent tournament sideboard option, and a niche ladder option. Saying it has too many drawbacks is inane.

I use igni and succubus ...

She's been in my deck since they put her in game
I wouldn't say she's the best gold card..
and yes occasionally she is useless...occasionally

but I found her to win me more rounds and games then anything else...thats why I have used her since day one..and was the first thing I crafted.
plus...she's smoking hawt

This was Us just today.. frolicking through the meadow.. she just completes me

Last edited:
It's important to understand that Succubus effectively destroys a unit for your opponent. The text sort of reads "Destroy the biggest opposing minion and create a copy of it with 6 less strength". Now if you compare this to Igni, which basically is "Destroy the biggest opposing minion and create a 4 power body" you'll see that any time you target anything as big or bigger than a 10 power unit Succubus creates more value. And that's completely ignoring any further value the card might generate for you.

I think she should have some effect if played on you side like having 3 more attack, as she is now she is just a much worst twisted mirror (BTM is an insanely good silver card by the way), you give a 6 GOLDEN unit to steal something 2 turns later and lose a a golden slot while mirror just insta steals power and give to you only requiring you to have some low power units (fogglets, vicovaro, scouts, priestess of freya, etc).

You need to remember that instead of destorying that unit you TAKE it.
For example, if you steal Morkvarg on steroids you will get the power your opponent lost to yourself and Morkvarg will stay for next round to torment the opponent like a plague he made against you.

Nah, it definitely needs to stay. Even an 8 strength unit that moves on your side gives you a 10 point swing and most decks do at some point use units way beyond 10.

kaalev;n8744990 said:
No, I'm saying it has too many drawbacks that makes it barely viable. Say you use her on a row with a 20 str unit. You trade 7 points for 20 if you succeed. 13 point gain with a chance of failure, fair enough. But alternatively you could just use Igni on the row and it would be worth 24 points. Just saying.

You have to think of her as a tool, not a weapon. But yeah, she's very situational.
Igni or scorch will kill the unit sending it to their graveyard.
Succubus can give that unit to you, alive.

She can steal things like morkvarg, which can than resurrect on your side I believe. Thing is, they cannot resurrect the stolen unit.

Top Bottom