Suggestion for improvement of playing cards from the graveyard

+
Suggestion for improvement of playing cards from the graveyard

Firstly, I'd like to say I have really enjoyed my time with Gwent so far, I have been playing it about a week now and have spent a lot of time with it. I think it's pretty solid so far, despite some to be expected bugs and room for improvement.

The one thing that really stood out to me, especially before I started recognizing cards and remembering their abilities, is that when you have a card played from your graveyard if that card has an ability you CANNOT read the ability when it comes into play, but you have to USE the ability. For example, if you were able to retrieve a Dwarven Skirmisher from your graveyard when it comes into play it's ability will get triggered. However, you can't hover over the card to read it's text. Once you've been playing for awhile and you recognize the cards and start remembering abilities this isn't such a big deal, but this is really detrimental early on. Now that I've been playing a week I recognize a lot of the starter cards but there are some that I'm just not familiar with enough yet to have memorized and being unable to confirm what the ability does trips me up at times. I thought at first this was a bug but I'm pretty sure it's not because I have played MANY games and this has been consistent throughout them all.

I really think this change is crucial for newer players and will be appreciated by experienced players as well since I'm sure there will be more cards added as the game develops.

One of the most suggested features is a combat log where you can inspect all cards and their abilities. I can only assume the devs will add something like this to the final version of the game.

Top Bottom