superbosses- how do they fit in a cyberpunk game?

+
Suhiira;n9900761 said:
How should such games be monetized? New content and support cost money, they can't be given away for free (in spite of some idiot players demands for just that).
Well, here's the issue: if the game is primarily about the singleplayer RPG aspects, single player fans shouldn't be subjected to any form of additional monetization outside of additional content in the form of DLC - especially not for the express purpose of using those funds to support the multiplayer portion of the game, which they might not even care about to begin with. The DLC will provide plenty of extra income for the company to reinvest into their next big singleplayer RPG.

If CDPR truly sticks to their word and creates primarily a singleplayer RPG, there should be no need for a bunch of free content updates for multiplayer - otherwise, the singleplayer portion wouldn't be their main focus anymore.

So, to answer your question - how should those games be monetized - I don't think they need to be monetized at all. They are single player titles. They do not need additional income to support. They do not have server costs to worry about, nor do they have BF2/GTA Online-like free content updates to fund. I do not believe a company should add monetization just because the game "Has potential" for it. That's, IMO, kinda scummy.

If CDPR abandons single player and focuses on multiplayer, then sure, they might need monetization then, but I doubt that will happen.

But we're getting off topic here. There's a whole thread about monetization and micro transactions.

So you are saying you are fine with Multiplayer. If that’s the case why you are already concern about Cyberpunk 2077 Singleplayer? I thought people are more concerned on Online Aspects instead of Singleplayer since CDPR tweet about that controversy of “in game service”. I’m pretty sure CDPR is not Rockstar and for me It’s like comparing the smart greedy person(Rockstar) to a wise passioniate person(CDPR).

Rockstar left the GTA 5 because GTA Online what made the Franchise popular and popular means reputation and reputation can become Money. That’s how smart Rockstar through their fans and CDPR must not do that on my Cyberpunk 2077 like what Rockstar did on GTA 5 even if they are one of the most biggest gaming company in the world. They are just the company that will keep Gamers passion through Singleplayer Games alive.

Wasn’t Cyberpunk 2077 a Sandbox? Witcher 3 is considered as Sandbox Open World RPG. Without Sandbox in a Open World, we can’t interact to environment or talk to any NPC of that game.

exogenesis09;n9900951 said:
So you are saying you are fine with Multiplayer. If that’s the case why you are already concern about Cyberpunk 2077 Singleplayer? I thought people are more concerned on Online Aspects instead of Singleplayer since CDPR tweet about that controversy of “in game service”. I’m pretty sure CDPR is not Rockstar and for me It’s like comparing the smart greedy person(Rockstar) to a wise passioniate person(CDPR).

Rockstar left the GTA 5 because GTA Online what made the Franchise popular and popular means reputation and reputation can become Money. That’s how smart Rockstar through their fans and CDPR must not do that on my Cyberpunk 2077 like what Rockstar did on GTA 5 even if they are one of the most biggest gaming company in the world. They are just the company that will keep Gamers passion through Singleplayer Games alive.

Wasn’t Cyberpunk 2077 a Sandbox? Witcher 3 is considered as Sandbox Open World RPG. Without Sandbox in a Open World, we can’t interact to environment or talk to any NPC of that game.

I think maybe there is a language barrier here, or something else going on. I think maybe I'm just misunderstanding your arguments, which is not my intention.

To simplify what I'm trying to say: I'm 100% fine with multiplayer mechanics, but... not if it comes at the expense of the single player audience. That's why I'm displaying concern for the singleplayer part of the game. I am primarily a singleplayer fan. I do not want GTA-like multiplayer elements for that reason, because they come at the cost of singleplayer content.

If you could answer this question for me, I think it would clear up a lot of the confusion I have. You said the following:

"Rockstar left the GTA 5 because GTA Online what made the Franchise popular and popular means reputation and reputation can become Money. That’s how smart Rockstar through their fans and CDPR must not do that on my Cyberpunk 2077 like what Rockstar did on GTA 5 even if they are one of the most biggest gaming company in the world. They are just the company that will keep Gamers passion through Singleplayer Games alive."

Did you mean that you don't like how Rockstar handled it (and that you know CDPR won't screw it up like they did)? Or are you saying you do like it, and you want CDPR to emulate them?

Sorry for the miscommunication.

Snowflakez;n9901021 said:
I think maybe there is a language barrier here, or something else going on. I think maybe I'm just misunderstanding your arguments, which is not my intention.

To simplify what I'm trying to say: I'm 100% fine with multiplayer mechanics, but... not if it comes at the expense of the single player audience. That's why I'm displaying concern for the singleplayer part of the game. I am primarily a singleplayer fan. I do not want GTA-like multiplayer elements for that reason, because they come at the cost of singleplayer content.

If you could answer this question for me, I think it would clear up a lot of the confusion I have. You said the following:

"Rockstar left the GTA 5 because GTA Online what made the Franchise popular and popular means reputation and reputation can become Money. That’s how smart Rockstar through their fans and CDPR must not do that on my Cyberpunk 2077 like what Rockstar did on GTA 5 even if they are one of the most biggest gaming company in the world. They are just the company that will keep Gamers passion through Singleplayer Games alive."

Did you mean that you don't like how Rockstar handled it (and that you know CDPR won't screw it up like they did)? Or are you saying you do like it, and you want CDPR to emulate them?

Sorry for the miscommunication.

It’s alright. I always communicate like this on social media. I always used to be passive when specifying an argument. Like I said, It’s not like I don’t like how Rockstar handle their games and I know it’s their business. Every Gaming Company has their own objective for their games that’s why I said CDPR is not like Rockstar. I’m not talking about what they should do for us. That’s why I said CDPR should avoid those Malpractice that Rockstar did to GTA 5 or else they will be like any Greedy Gaming Industry out there.

recently played metal gear rising revengence, a full borg or advanced 2077 cyborgs could serve as a very nasty enemy indeed... if anyone here played that game he will know what i am talking about. also a bit off topic, but i recomend the game strongly regardless if you are a mgs fan or not, fantastic game.

No Title

Hello , Are you looking to DANCE DANCE DANCE! GO FORTH! GO FIFTH! DANCE WITH ME MY CHILDREN!

Also, spam is bad. SO BAD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom