Televisions in the background are massively loud in 2.01?

+
Anyone else have the same issue where the TVs in the background are super mega loud (they usually play the advertisements etc.), and at times even overpower the actual dialogue? Especially the advertisements are the worst.

Like I am doing Sinnerman right now and having a discussion with Johnny about religion, but there's a couple of TVs around us and they are blasting OOOOORGIAAATIC with the power of thousand suns into my ear. And I am not even exaggerating, I can barely hear the guy.

I tried fiddling with the sound settings, but cant quite figure out why tf is it so loud. Don't think it was happening before the patch either.

Last edited:
It's been like that since 2.0 with a bunch of other audio issues, I just kind of learned to live with it... very annoying.

I think it's part of the effects slider, I had it at 50 percent for a while can't remember if it made a difference with the TV ads.

Yeah, they can be really annoying and make it really hard or even impossible to hear what an NPC is saying.

I like using the Distract Enemies quickhack to make obnoxiously loud TVs shut up for a moment.

Agreed. Why can't I shake off the impression that 2.0 was built on a bunch of old code and that 1.63 is, ironically, a more polished and stable version of the game, even if it technically lacks features such as vehicle combat and police?

If you're on PC, there's a great mod that's worked really well to curb this so far:

Thanks for the tip. I actually looked into the comment section and someone seems to have recommended exactly what I was looking for too, instead ouf outright turning the ads off: :think:

Top Bottom