The latest update seems to have borked my game

+
Yesterday before patch 1.11 my game worked fine. Today when I logged in, first my quickhacks stopped working (kind of a problem, as I'm a nethacker). Then enemies stopped dying despite taking heavy damage. Then everything slowed to a crawl - one or two fps? Even in the menus.

I updated my NVIDA drivers, dropped the settings to defaults, rebooted, etc. No go - if anything its gotten worse.

Now I know how console players feel.

Anyway, game is literally unplayable at the moment. I can't even walk my V two feet down the sidewalk.

If anyone has any insights, news, or suggestions about this, I'd of course appreciate hearing your take. Thanks!
Post automatically merged:

Update: I forced my V to walk for a bit, and the game returned to normal. In fact, it seemed to be smoother than pre-patch. I figured, maybe the patched screwed up the particular encounter area I had saved at, and maybe leaving it would effectively resolve the issue.

No dice. The game continued to run like a dream, until I attempted to quickhack some goons during an active assault. The game immediately went into shit mode again.

So the issue seems to be tied to combat, and it appears to be creating a zone around the combat area. Either that, or it happens while V is flagged as being in combat - I couldn't tell, since performance had degraded so severely.

I'm kinda wondering if *maybe* it has something to do with the Nervous System implants I have installed? I have a Synaptic Accelerator and a Kerenzikov. Unfortunately, I just learned that I can't uninstall the things to test it out.

Anyway, pretty disappointed in CDPR at the moment. Up until now, most bugs have been of the entertaining variety, but this one is a showstopper.
Post automatically merged:

I have a feeling this is what I'm experiencing:

Unplayable FPS-Drops using Legendary QuickHacks | Forums - CD PROJEKT RED

Last edited:
Top Bottom