The learning curve

+
I find it's the other way around generally speaking.

Hacking/talking/etc is really easy. It's Either you have the stats or you don't.

In most RPGs and FPSes, sneaking is more a test of patience then a test of smarts.

On the harder difficulty settings, for taking the action route, there's usually a bag of tricks that's not always obvious during the first playthrough.

They are easy only if you let it rely on the stats. If you make it a combination of stats and choice, especially with, ( I hate to say this) checkpoint saves, it becomes a lot harder.

Playing Dex recently, you can buy the Convince skill, which gives you conversation options with NPCs. Trick is, you have one of three choices and you have to pick the one msot likley to go with their particular personality as you've observed it ingame. I screwed up a bunch.

And, yes, checkpoints meant I wasn't going to restart from the level entrance.

Anyway, that's one way of doing it.

I find combat rarely to be smarts oriented. Reflexes and tactical sense, done. Vs AI, anyway.

The same learning curve as CP2020 is what I expect. Expect to roll up quite a few characters before you learn to stop being an idiot and get creamed in a firefight. A bullet should take a lot of life.

The same learning curve as CP2020 is what I expect. Expect to roll up quite a few characters before you learn to stop being an idiot and get creamed in a firefight. A bullet should take a lot of life.

Yeah!

On 2020 Mode, it should take all or nearly all of it, depending where it hits and how much gear you have implanted/are wearing.

.22 to the head is an autokill in the PnP about 1/3 of the time, for a normal person with a BTM of -1 or so.

Last edited:
Top Bottom