The sheer scale of Night City

+
Nice to have the image laid out flat like that, but there's still clearly part of the city cut off at the top (At least, I hope so).

I don't think this really gives us much more information, to be honest. We have a bunch of blank space at the bottom left which may or may not be explorable, with no buildings roads or streets.

Well, I still hope the actual map is going to be denser and that this is just a simplified version of the map for aesthetic purposes. Just look at the size of the roundabout comprising the Corporate Plaza. Looks much, much larger on the yellow map than on the Collector's Edition map, take a look:
1579038855504.png

Post automatically merged:

Also, seems like I was more or less right regarding the layout of the districts :p

1579038988063.png

Sad that I didn't predict that the map would be tilted axially - it was pretty much unpredictable, though.

I don't understand how that would be Heywood. It's supposed to be a suburban housing district, not a core part of the city's towering skyline.

I think, despite that one Japantown image, it's probably more likely that Heywood and Westbrook are swapped. Would make more sense anyway. "West"brook, not "East"brook. ;)

It's based on the thumbnail-size map of NC visible in the new leak.
Which doesn't state what any of the districts are. Also, it's not technically a leak -- not saying that to correct you so much as I want to avoid any accidental over-moderation. It's a publicly available image, as was the previous worldbook map.

@Agient
Plausible, if that area actually turns out to be Heywood

Untitled.jpg

Do you think this megabuilding is the same one next to all foods? probably not

more here, im not sure if the second is in Watson, and im not sure if the third is actually a megabuilding or not

4.jpg

my shitty guess is, all of those are in Watson, the E3 2018 trailer is also only set in Watson considering everything we've seen fits the visual and architectural style of that district, as well as not seeing anything from Pacifica, CC, Westbrook etc..
could be wrong though, just speculating on what we have

@Agient
Plausible, if that area actually turns out to be Heywood

View attachment 11028575

Do you think this megabuilding is the same one next to all foods? probably not

more here, im not sure if the second is in Watson, and im not sure if the third is actually a megabuilding or not

View attachment 11028578

my shitty guess is, all of those are in Watson, the E3 2018 trailer is also only set in Watson considering everything we've seen fits the visual and architectural style of that district, as well as not seeing anything from Pacifica, CC, Westbrook etc..
could be wrong though, just speculating on what we have
We know for sure that the entire 2018 demo takes place in Watson. The "other" district, whether it's Westbrook or City Center, is across the canal.

There's no way any of that area is Heywood in any of those images, IMO.

Heywood is a suburban housing district, I'll say that again. Suburban. Not urban. Not rural. It is very likely not going to be in the city proper.

This is what a modern, 2020 suburban housing district looks like:

Will it be different in 2077? Of course! But in Cyberpunk 2020, Beaverville (the equivalent to Heywood) was still quite similar to this. More high tech, but still for the dwindling "middle class" of Night City (mid level corporate employees who don't quite live in the lap of luxury, but don't starve, either). 57 years later, I don't anticipate it will suddenly become towering skyscrapers, because then it loses the entire vibe.

Heywood is one of the districts I don't believe we've seen even a tiny glimpse of yet. I also don't think we've seen any of Santo Domingo (or very little). We've seen Pacifica, a side view of either city center or Westbrook, and Watson.

A reddit user used the map and pinpointed some of the Megabuildings that we've seen so far. No way to know for sure if he nailed it, but some of them look very plausible in my opinion.

Link to the image:

Link to the post:
https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/ep2252

I've already done that a few months ago when the yellow map first surfaced :p It was easy to notice that those dark blobs might be megabuildings.

If you look closely, there's a swirly road next to a blob that looks like V's megabuilding. It co-aligns with the overpass highway which can be seen when V rides the elevator!
So in general a lot of observations can be made.

Okay so I did this:

1. I redrew the district boundaries and city limits from that thumbnail-size Night City Book map of Night City.
2. I extended the map of Night City to accommodate for the city limits which originally extend beyond the yellow map.
3. I applied those boundaries to the map, they did fit.
4. I tried to apply the metro map over the map that I got.

The 4th point was the most difficult and sadly I did not finish it.

What I found out was that the metro map is not only axially tilted.. it's actually SO distorted that there is no way of applying it properly. So though I did try to overlay the metro map over some districts, I didnt finish the job.

Here's what I did:

Night City map-min.png

Whatdya think? Click to extend pic

Okay so I did this:

1. I redrew the district boundaries and city limits from that thumbnail-size Night City Book map of Night City.
2. I extended the map of Night City to accommodate for the city limits which originally extend beyond the yellow map.
3. I applied those boundaries to the map, they did fit.
4. I tried to apply the metro map over the map that I got.

The 4th point was the most difficult and sadly I did not finish it.

What I found out was that the metro map is not only axially tilted.. it's actually SO distorted that there is no way of applying it properly. So though I did try to overlay the metro map over some districts, I didnt finish the job.

Here's what I did:

View attachment 11028629

Whatdya think? Click to extend pic
Nice work, I think it's quite possible you nailed it.

The one reason why I hope the boundaries of districts that we've seen on the book's cover (along with the map) are just symbolic and aren't totally on point is, because City Centre looks quite small and Heywood sorta dominates that island.

Seeing how Heywood is supposed to be a suburban area with no tall skyscrapers, I'd rather it doesn't take away space for a properly sized City Center. I have no problem having Heywood in the game, but the center should be big enough so that one has a feeling of being trapped in a concrete labyrinth. Having just a few skyscrapers isn't as opposing and claustrophobia-inducing.

Of course, these are just speculations/wishes etc.

If that's the whole map either it's very dense or it's very small.

Its been said its smaller than Witcher 3 but indeed more dense.

Will it be different in 2077? Of course! But in Cyberpunk 2020, Beaverville (the equivalent to Heywood) was still quite similar to this. More high tech, but still for the dwindling "middle class" of Night City (mid level corporate employees who don't quite live in the lap of luxury, but don't starve, either). 57 years later, I don't anticipate it will suddenly become towering skyscrapers, because then it loses the entire vibe.

It should look like that but due to over-population, there should be homeless people everywhere, tents, sleeping bags, people sleeping in cars, fire-pits etc. Night City should be really one big trash-can. Its hard challenge for a game. I hope CDPR takcles the matter well, because it would be awesome.

Ive said it before we need Cybepunk Movie, no game can deliver it. Even for a movie its challenge unless its Night City in India.

Destiny 2 type of game could work for Cyberpunk series better.

Last edited:
Its been said its smaller than Witcher 3 but indeed more dense.
yeah, but I imagined something like 70% of TW3' extension. Here it SEEMS smaller than just novigrad+velen. It can't take 3 minutes to navigate the whole map by car.

That being said, as long as I feel like I'm in a huge city (think New York or Tokyo), I'm happy.

Destiny 2 type of game could work for Cyberpunk series better.

Mods, how do you post gifs here?

Last edited:
yeah, but I imagined something like 70% of TW3' extension. Here it SEEMS smaller than just novigrad+velen. It can't take 3 minutes to navigate the whole map by car.

I cant remember nothing about Witcher 3. But how long this has been in production? 5 year, no doubt great game is coming.

Top Bottom