The Ukrainian Language is Coming to Cyberpunk 2077

+

We are happy to announce that with the release of Phantom Liberty, we’re adding Ukrainian text localization to Cyberpunk 2077. Starting from September 26th, 2023, it will be available for both the base game and the expansion.

Localization Project Manager Mariia Strilchuk, who supervised the creation of Ukrainian text for Cyberpunk 2077 and Phantom Liberty, shared her thoughts on the news:

“I’m incredibly happy that Ukrainian gamers will soon be able to immerse themselves in the world of Cyberpunk in our native language. We at CD PROJEKT RED wanted to show our recognition of and support for this part of our community, and I’m personally filled with pride and joy knowing that I was able to help make it a reality. I can’t wait to share the results of our work with you this September.”

Senior Localization Project Manager Alexander Radkevich, who has overseen the production of Ukrainian localization, provided some behind-the-scenes details:

"Bringing Ukrainian localization to Cyberpunk 2077 was an interesting challenge for us as a Localization team. It's always intriguing to add new languages to an already existing game, especially to such a massive project like Cyberpunk 2077. We also worked on the base game and the expansion at the same time, which added a layer of complexity.

It took us over a year to translate and adapt way more than a million words of dialogues, in-game texts, and interfaces, followed by extensive testing to ensure the best experience for our Ukrainian-speaking players. I sincerely hope that our Ukrainian community will enjoy every minute of it.”

About Phantom Liberty
Phantom Liberty is an upcoming spy-thriller expansion for Cyberpunk 2077. It introduces a new story with various characters, including secret agent Solomon Reed portrayed by Idris Elba, new sidequests, open-world activities, and much more.
When the orbital shuttle of the President of the New United States of America is shot down over the deadliest district of Night City, there’s only one person who can save her — you.
Become V, a cyberpunk for hire, and dive deep into an intricate story of espionage and political intrigue which connects the highest echelons of power with the brutal world of black-market mercenaries.

Ми раді оголосити, що разом із виходом «Ілюзії свободи» додамо українську текстову локалізацію до Cyberpunk 2077. Уже 26 вересня 2023 року вона з'явиться і в основній грі, і в доповненні.

Менеджерка проєкту локалізації Стрільчук Марія, яка контролювала процес створення українського перекладу для Cyberpunk 2077 та «Ілюзії свободи», поділилася своїми думками щодо цього:

«Я дуже радію, що українські гравці незабаром зможуть зануритися у світ Кіберпанку нашою рідною мовою. Ми в CD PROJEKT RED хотіли виявити нашу підтримку цієї частини нашої спільноти та віддати належне їм визнання, а особисто я дуже пишаюся і тішуся тим, що мала змогу допомогти втілити цей задум. Не можу дочекатися, щоб поділитися з вами результатами нашої роботи вже в вересні цього року».

Старший менеджер проєктів локалізації Александр Радкевич, який стежив за виробничим процесом української локалізації, розповів дещо про цю роботу:

«Для нас як локалізаційної команди додавання українського перекладу до Cyberpunk 2077 було захопливим викликом. Завжди цікаво додавати нові мови до створеної гри, особливо коли йдеться про такий великий проєкт, як Cyberpunk 2077. Робота над основною грою та доповненням тривала одночасно, що дещо ускладнило цей процес.

Нам знадобилося більше року, щоб перекласти та адаптувати понад мільйон слів із діалогів, внутрішньоігрового тексту й інтерфейсу. Після цього проводилося масштабне тестування, щоб забезпечити якнайкращі враження для українськомовних гравців. Я щиро сподіваюся, що українська спільнота насолоджуватиметься кожною хвилиною гри».

Про «Ілюзію свободи»
«Ілюзія свободи» — це прийдешнє доповнення до Cyberpunk 2077 у стилі шпигунського трилера. У ньому представлена нова сюжетна лінія з багатьма персонажами, зокрема з таємним агентом Соломоном Рідом у виконанні Ідріса Ельби, а також нові побічні завдання, різноманітні заняття у відкритому світі тощо.
Після того, як орбітальний літак президентки Нових Сполучених Штатів Америки збито над найнебезпечнішим районом Найт-Сіті, її може врятувати лише одна людина — ви.
Станьте Ві, найманкою-кіберпанком, і пориньте в заплутану історію шпигунства й політичних інтриг, що пов'язує найвищі ешелони влади із жорстоким світом найманців чорного ринку.

Щиро вдячний команді за те що буде українська локалізація всієї гри! Dziękuję bardzo! Thanks a lot!

Дуже дякую за українську локалізацію. Було важкувато грати англійською, але тепер є ще більший стимул перепройти гру.

Thank you very much for the Ukrainian localization. It was a bit hard to play in English, but now I have even more incentive to play through the game.

Last edited:
After the DLC was announced on the Steam page, I noticed that the Ukrainian language was added. And just now I saw an official statement that you have localized the game and the DLC. I want to thank you for this and for everything you do. As a Ukrainian who is now forced to live in Warsaw, this is really important to me. Because Cyberpunk 2077 is my favorite game, I adore it. Unfortunately, I haven't had access to my computer for over a year now and can't play it. But when I have the opportunity, I will definitely play through the game with the expansion in my native language.
Dziękuję, CDPR! 💙💛

"У мене слов нема, ну просто немає слов" (с) Поворознюк
P.S. Дякую! Неочікувана, а тому особливо приємна новина.

Боже, дякую! Це неймовірно чудова новина, попри те, що ви вже відкрито натякали на неї. Біжу передзамовляти доповнення)

Щиро дякую за українську локалізацію, пройду гру іще раз! Не можу вже дочекатися DLC!

OMG Thank you, THANK YOU SO MUCH!! For support and for for the opportunity to feel like an important part of the fandom! I have been waiting for this for more than two years, and now i`m literally crying! xo

Top Bottom