The weather system doesn't work after patch 1.5.

+
Hi everyone
Well, I have an old weather issue after installing patch 1.5.
The sun is still shining and there is no change in the weather.
It worked without problems on the earlier version.
Has anyone else come across this error and has a solution.
greetings

Weird, it work for me (maybe too well^^)
During the whole act 1, nothing...
Beginning of act 2, nothing in particulars...
But as soon as I enter in the Badlands, a sandstorm started few hours later (in-game). Since, I have sandstorms, rains, fog... (I notice that weather events often "start" when I skip time because I prefer to play at night).
On the side note, the rain sound is well done (as far as I remember, before it have almost no sound...) :)

Go to the Bladerunner easter egg to verify. Going there triggers rain.
I can get it to rain and set time to 0:00am when on the roof but when going down the elevator to street level, it never stays raining (although the tarmac is wet.

I could hear the rain when playing a few nights ago but couldnt see it, ground looked wet too. I get quite a bit of fog though but no real change from last few patches. A weather mod seems to work the best.

It's working in Act 2 on once free roam is possible. Although the weather effects are consistently tied to gigs for example. When the cyberpsycho attacks the Jingqui clothing store, when it ends and you exit, it's always raining.

For me, even the weather mod doesn't work.
When I scroll the time, I see the fog for a second and a beautiful sun appears.
Something like calving or not allowing the weather to change.
I'm in act 2

Same problem - no rain after 1.5, only puddles are visible. No sandstorms, nothing. Weather mod also not working. Help ?

I tried an easter egg with the rain. It rained for several hours and returned to sunny weather.
I also noticed a problem with wet streets, come ray tracing set to max, the reflections don't look so spectacular.
This is what it was before patch 1.3.

Anybody knows if the weather system is meant to kick in from a certain point (after act 1, for example)?
I can't say it for sure, but on my current 1.5 playthrough, I saw weather events only after reached Act 2 (but in Act 1, I played only main quests, so I spent as less time as possible).

I can't say it for sure, but on my current 1.5 playthrough, I saw weather events only after reached Act 2 (but in Act 1, I played only main quests, so I spent as less time as possible).

Would be weird that this is how it works, from Act 2, but maybe they wanted to keep the "big reveal" of weather effects after the title card.

I'll probably reach it tonight (was avoiding it in favor of side questing) and I'll update.

Would be weird that this is how it works, from Act 2, but maybe they wanted to keep the "big reveal" of weather effects after the title card.

I'll probably reach it tonight (was avoiding it in favor of side questing) and I'll update.
I don't know how it work (or if it work correctly^^), I write what I saw when I played, nothing more :)
(And I can also add that I never saw sandstorm before going in the Badlands, but it's just an observation. sand storm/badlands, make sense I think^^)

Last edited:
Top Bottom