The "While in your hand, deck or battlefield" cards balance question

+
The "While in your hand, deck or battlefield" cards balance question

Right now there are 3 bronze cards that gain str when certain action on the field is completed:
- Spotter, who gains 1 str when a card is revealed;
- Clan Dimun Pirate Captain, who gains 1 str when a unit is discarded;
- Nekker, who gains 1 str when a unit on your side is consumed.

All of those card have very low base strength and gain strength when faction specific action is completed, like revealing or consuming. Now here comes the main question: why do nekkers have an additional extremely powerful ability of playing another nekkers, while others dont get anything in return? All of those units reach 12-15 strength reliably, but nekkers are head and shoulders above other 2 units, especially when combined with monster passive for a 30+ r3 carryover.

I can see why its happened, nekkers were designed to be like that from the start, and i like it for being unique, and having great synergy.
Whereas the other two used to be "whilst on the battlefield" and then they got buffed.

I doubt they need changing when you compare them to each other directly. They all proc on different things. So balancing calls into question their respective faction.
However I will say that spotters need changing simply for the sake of revising the reveal archtype. (why couldn't spotters remain agile?)
And clan dimum pirates need changing just for the sake of it not being a copy of the above cards. I'd like to see unique abilities for each respective faction. (such as keeping weather immunity?)

Lim3zer0;n8418540 said:
I can see why its happened, nekkers were designed to be like that from the start, and i like it for being unique, and having great synergy.
Whereas the other two used to be "whilst on the battlefield" and then they got buffed.

I doubt they need changing when you compare them to each other directly. They all proc on different things. So balancing calls into question their respective faction.
However I will say that spotters need changing simply for the sake of revising the reveal archtype. (why couldn't spotters remain agile?)
And clan dimum pirates need changing just for the sake of it not being a copy of the above cards. I'd like to see unique abilities for each respective faction. (such as keeping weather immunity?)

I agree that cards need changing to make them more unique and better synergize with their factions. But so far CDPR are balancing cards in a way, so that faction specific cards are better then neutral: like Morkvarg is better version of Olgierd, Auckes is a better Cleaver, Zoltan is better Regis and so on. The main problem I see here is 1 faction specific card is a better version of 2 other faction specific cards. Yes, they trigger on different things, but Monsters have more bronze and silver consumers then NG has bronze and silver revealers and SK has discarders and one of their bronzes triggers a consume every 2 turns. The main difference is leader card being able to trigger those events 3 times, but imho this alone doesnt justify such a massive difference in cards abilities. I hope to see a rework of abilities of all 3 cards to make them equally good.

It's pretty baffling, considering you can put so many Nekkers in your deck. Its even more baffling when you have cards like Hawker Support and Impera Brigade that don't work from the hand or deck (granted, you gain 2 STR instead. Imagine if they DID work from anywhere). Personally I'd put Nekkers more in line with those in that they gain 2 STR while on the field but not anywhere else (maybe in hand as well, but definitely not in the deck). It feels so stupid that a buffed up Nekker needs silencing, then killing, and then hoping that they don't draw another one to keep the chain going.

Nekkers are fine, The pirates should get there immunity to weather back and give the Spotters an additional effect even if it's something simple like revealing a card every third turn or something

SkippyHole;n8423470 said:
It's pretty baffling, considering you can put so many Nekkers in your deck. Its even more baffling when you have cards like Hawker Support and Impera Brigade that don't work from the hand or deck (granted, you gain 2 STR instead. Imagine if they DID work from anywhere). Personally I'd put Nekkers more in line with those in that they gain 2 STR while on the field but not anywhere else (maybe in hand as well, but definitely not in the deck). It feels so stupid that a buffed up Nekker needs silencing, then killing, and then hoping that they don't draw another one to keep the chain going.
Both the Support and Brigade definitely don't need to gain points in the deck. The Hawker support could easily get above 30 against NR/Monster, Brigade easily gets over 14 consistently

Top Bottom