These Boots Are Made For Walking - Woman causes huge graphics glitch

+
I approached the car, everything went fine except the car was floating but then the women shows up and the entire screen goes crazy. Its like someone made a screenshot, cut it in 1mm thin stripes and hurls them into my face. But when I look away from her, its fine. I managed to get through the conversation but with this bug its impossible to fight her if I had chosen that option.

Last edited:

Guest 4561861

Do you use any mods that change npc clothing? I had one like that earlier that only affected one particular tiger costume. I've played that scene twice since the patch 2.0 - 2.1 and haven't noticed it without clothing mods.

Yeah, this is definitely a mod issue. AMM causes something similar with one of the Tyger Claws too.

Last edited:
AMM is a Mod, Appearance Menu Mod, it's sort of a framework for editing scenes locations character etc.... A lot of modders make presets for it to add stuff like a car garage or new apartment/house/location/etc... into the game. My personal favorite is the one that adds a physical shop to the location where the Car modification Shop is. That way you can mod your cars and not just do it in an empty lot.

Edit: I've seen some pretty wonky graphic issues with AMM but also a bunch of clothing replacer mods can cause it too, I had one situation where I really needed to play around to figure out the cause, a replacer did something with a set of pants worn by maelstrom which caused their legs to go invisible but also to cause tearing effects and lighting to go nuts around them so I needed to look at specific angles to actually see what I was doing. Eventually I worked it out and fixed the issue by removing the right mod, but it was a pain to figure out.

I dont have AMM. My clothing items are seperate additions only I have access to, not any NPC. No edits whatsoever. The NPC is not wearing anything special either by the looks.

But there was a big problem with the mission before like the car not appearing. Now its there but its hovering above the ground. Doesnt impact the interactions with it though.

Also do you have any Refits it's possible they're conflicting with a different clothing mod, or some other weird combination of things.

You don't have any replacers for anything at all? Clothes, skin textures, anything.
Well, there is one. The random drop jacket that looks like takemuras jacket so I can have a black jacket too. But the NPC here isnt wearing it. If this were a problem, shouldnt I encounter this more often? Because this was the first time ever.

Well, there is one. The random drop jacket that looks like takemuras jacket so I can have a black jacket too. But the NPC here isnt wearing it. If this were a problem, shouldnt I encounter this more often? Because this was the first time ever.

It may have an interaction with something entirely unexpected. I had Wilison's range mod installed a while back and it caused serious issues with a few missions, including a crash during one of Johnny's flashbacks literally blocking off main story progression. and I was like how is this the mod causing it? all it does is unlock the door to the gun range.

So its almost definitely a mod of some sort causing it. Clothing replacers or Refits would be my first guess... but it could be something else that seems unrelated.

Guest 4561861

Since it's specific to that "clever girl" who is a Nomad, I would guess that it's something like a new outfit for Panam, maybe a replacer if she also has a new body. I haven't had that exact problem, and I use a lot of bodies and outfits of both gender, so that may not be it at all. The thing is that the devs may have picked a random item or color that happened to match what that Nomad and changed it just a little to reuse it somewhere in the new DLC content and nobody noticed it on the particular hardware you have. Good luck and if I ever get that gig again (I erase my saves when I finish (or get tired of) each playthrough) I'll check it out.
If you ever do find out what caused it, please let us know so the next person can fix it, too.

Top Bottom