Trailer Analysis

+
As I said before I'm analyzing the trailer bit by bit. I'm going to point out a few things that may or may not matter. In general there aren't that many things that seem important considering how dense the trailer is. Sorted in order of appearance (kind of at least) in the trailer to make it more or less easy to follow. I won't go to deep into explaining and instead assume most of you know what corporations are there and what the common terms mean. This will be long even without it.

Map of Night City Metro. Very visible and shows the overall layout of the city itself. Also as V walks toward the door we can see some other locations being mentioned on the window. Specifically Glenn, Med Center, Little China and New Harbor.

Then we get a quick look at a bunch of Rockerboys having a "chat" with a businessman. So Rockerboys are there for sure.

Rest in part 2 since I can't post more media in one text.

Last edited:
Part 2

Next is a first proper look at Night city during the day. Whether you like it or not is not a matter for this thread. The location is most likely "The Glenn" based on what was written on the stop list visible in previous stop-frames. A lot of hotels and karaoke bars judging from the neon signs. Also a big Arasaka logo can be seen on a big building in the background.

This scene really amused me. Also this isn't a normal taxi but a "Combat Cab". On the left of the drivers head there is a "Please rate your ride with combat cab" on the window. This kinda shows how normal driving with big guns is in the city. Also the guy is really ecstatic about getting to drive with a bunch of "killer robots".

Next is the message that many have asked about. The text is in Japanese (a lot of things all over the city are in Japanese) and it reads 勝手にしろ (Katte ni shiro) which translates to "Do as you wish". So the text is just translated next to the original. Nothing there but decided to mention it since many thought it may be important.

A first better look at V (male protagonist placeholder). Also the text on his collar is SAMURAI not SAMURN like some people think.

Last edited:
Part 3

A Militech rifle. Fancy and futuristic but how does is work?

It is most likely a magnetic rail gun (a Gauss Rifle) based the text "MAGRAIL" on top of it and the fact that is required 2 things to work: A magazine (the yellow thing) and a battery (the blue rectangle on the side, spares can be found inside the case so it is a replaceable battery most likely).

Most likely a black market deal with the Militech robot as the product. The only thing really worth noting is the badge of the guy in a black and yellow jacket. It reads "1st Ranger Battalion". Dude might be a ex-military Solo looking to buy a new toy for work. Also the big bearded guy opposide of him is in that case a fixer selling the robot. Maybe buyable robot companions?

The "Chrome Lady" is called Lizzy Wizzy. She's a singer of some sorts and was involved in an unknown scandal based on a tabloid cover from an earlier shot with a mouthless girl.

First look at the Trauma Team. Look how nice of them to help a pedestrian in need.

Last edited:
Part 4

"Mr. Illuminati" watching the news. Riot caused by anti-corporate protests. Also there is probably some sort of a secret anti-corp organization aiming to overthrow them. The first news piece in the top line talks about stolen assets with intention of reducing inequality and poverty.

A shot of a netrunner after frying an Arasaka executive. Assasinating your target from the comfort of a chair? An interesting thing to do if it gets included in the actual game.

Female counterpart of V.

Last edited:
Part 5

Looks like implant theft. Something pretty common in cyberpunk games. Wonder if it will happen in game too. Also the culprit was shown in the trailer earlier. It's this guy:

Notice his left arm with the same bracelet and tattoos on this frame:

2 idiots trying to rob a newsagent and paying for it. I think it's safe to say that civilians won't always be pushovers. Also that punk has a blade in his mechanical arm. Sweet.

Last edited:
I noticed a kid playing a vr game. which is very interesting. will we see kids outside. i feel like cdpr read all my posts.

Part 6

Oh look it's Trauma Team again. This time mowing through some random thugs with machineguns.

That guy took 2 bullets directly to the face and just got angry. That explains how we can solve the problem of "why is this guy still alive after taking a magazine to the gut".

Man I want that car so bad. Vehicular travel and missions too most likely. There is also the licence plate with "NC20 CP77".

That is all for now. Man that looks a lot longer then I expected. There's a crapton of small things I skipped because otherwise this would be Steven King levels of long. If you guys saw something interesting that I didn't fell free to post it as well.

Last edited:
I noticed a kid playing a vr game. which is very interesting. will we see kids outside. i feel like cdpr read all my posts.
I'm also curious whether kids will be present or not. GTA and other open world games usually don't show them but Witcher 3 did.

The map is really interesting. Love so many of the places from the PnP being named.

The map is really interesting. Love so many of the places from the PnP being named.
The locations alone are in the dozens if you really zoom on the map. I spent like 20 minutes just staring at it and nitpicking everything on it.

I'm also curious whether kids will be present or not. GTA and other open world games usually don't show them but Witcher 3 did.

to me this confirms it. also the pedestrian variety was amazing. i even saw a fat guy in a wheelchair. i just really hope all of this is included in the game.

to me this confirms it. also the pedestrian variety was amazing. i even saw a fat guy in a wheelchair. i just really hope all of this is included in the game.
They will most likely change it for optimization since more unique models can weigh on a PC or console. I wouldn't be surprised to see a "Pedestrian variety" slider in settings though.

This guy is borged up to hell, I wonder if he is a cyberpsycho. If not, he has to be borderline.
You think so? Aside from his full body armor and some minor stuff I don't think he is that overloaded. We don't see him pull out a nuclear missile out of his arm nor do anything else that suggests he is borderline cyberpsycho. To me he feels like a typical high ranking tough guy gangster.

The car is based on Ferrari Testarossa and is probably influenced by the original C2020, as the car was shipped 4 years before it released (1984, C2020 came out in 1988).

Trauma Teams are a pay-to-insure service, which also covers subject extractions (thus seeing they barge in on the thugs, probably to extract someone?).

So far what we know is that the game will be based on Night City (not Los Angeles as everyone thinks, its between San Francisco and Los Angeles) and the "wasteland" around it. Also, there are rumors about the moon and based on the C2020 lore we might get to see the VR world that net-runners use too.

EDIT: It seems that the game may be on other locations other than Night City, given the two maps shown in the trailer (one on the right of the guy overlooking the riot news report, and the other on the news after the arasaka guy gets fried and shows a girl unhooking a head cable). The latter is outside Night City (east in particular).

The trailer also hints of braindance as it was mentioned a while ago.

Regarding the 3 characters that wear the same jacket, the garment is slightly different for each one, so that either means detailed character customization (see pin on MP that the GoW guy or girl dont have on jacket), or it means this is a band and are separate characters.

The "never forget" sticker on the combat cab may relate to the nuke that was dropped on Arasaka Towers and destroyed part of the downtown, possibly killing hundreds in 2024 (and its faded out as it was 53 years back).

Lastly, the guy shot twice is a Russian, you can see the hammer and sickle symbol where he gets shot.

Last edited:
You think so? Aside from his full body armor and some minor stuff I don't think he is that overloaded. We don't see him pull out a nuclear missile out of his arm nor do anything else that suggests he is borderline cyberpsycho. To me he feels like a typical high ranking tough guy gangster.

I guess it just seemed that way to me because he seems to lack basic self preservation instincts.

Even with a metal plated body, I really wouldn't be keep to jut continue to walk towards the heavily armored APC firing at me. He seems to think he can take them all on even though he's at a clear disadvantage.

Top Bottom