Two questions

+
Two questions

I have looked around the forum a bit, used the search function, checked on the other CDPR forums, and of course google-fu'ed a bit. But I have not really been able to find a definite answer to what "REDpoints" actually are. I do asume that it's sort of a "like", that someone aproved of your post. But what are they really, and are they usable for anything else then being a kind of "like"?

Second question. Is it just me, or does this forum not have a "bar" or something where you can change things like font, size of letters, colour, quick keys for linking urls images and videos, etc? Even when pressing to go to advanced options none of these things are shown. Of course I have found the links at the bottom when you write in advanced that leads you to pages of which codes to use for certain things. But I am just wondering if something is wrong with my browsers that do not show an "advanced options bar" or something.

I am using IE 10, and I have checked with my google chrome browser as well... but both are lacking any kind of "advanced options" for when writing. Do I need to upgrade? Or is it just that CDPR does just not have that "bar options" at all for their forums?

1. REDpoints are likes, it would be boring to call them likes so they are REDpoints because of CDPRED (the company behind the games), and you cant buy something with them or anything else they just show the reaction from others to your posts, like normal likes

2. there is a bar/interface, you can choose between: standard, basic or enhanced

just go to: settings - my account- general settings - message editor interface

Thank you.

I did asume that the reason REDpoints was named that was due to CDPR. :)

And I now have my full option bar for editing what I write, so thank again for that. :)

I choice the option in the settings for it called "Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing".

And as such I have to give one advice to anyone who tries it. When I first choice it an went to try it out I had all the options, but there was one problem, when I was typing it would not allow me to press enter (return)to go to the next line. I changed back my setting to basic to check, and I could use the enter again to go down a line, and when I went back to the option I wrote above I was again unable to press enter to go down a line. But on pure... I don't know... chance... or wondering "is it maybe one of the options on the bar that is doing this?", I found the answer.

If you have choicen the "Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing" option, and your unable to use enter to go down a line, look in the options bar, the top most left icon the one that looks sort of like A/A, if you hover your mouse arrow over it it will give you a text of what it does. If it says "Switch Editor to Source Mode" then press it... and you should now be able to use enter to jump down a line. If it says "Switch Editor to WYSIWYG Mode" you should already be in the right mode, and I am not sure why you can't use enter to jump down a line.

Going out of WYSIWYG mode will reduce the amount of options you can use to edit your post, but from what I can see your already writen text does not disapear or anything if you press the icon and jump between the two modes. It's just that in WYSIWYG mode it will show you what your post will look like based on the edits you have made to your posts, and if you go out of WYSIWYG mode and into "Source Mode" it will show you all the text-code used to make your text look a certain way when finally posted (to see how your post will actually look here you need to either press the Icon I mentioned, or use preview... or just post it).

Thank you.

I did asume that the reason REDpoints was named that was due to CDPR. :)

And I now have my full option bar for editing what I write, so thank again for that. :)

I choice the option in the settings for it called "Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing".

Solid advice.

Final thing. It looks like your going to have to press that icon I mentioned everytime you go to reply when you have the WYSIWYG option as your choice.

So keep that in mind if minor things like that can annoy you. I have not decided yet if it does or not.

Maybe the 3rd option does have the option bar without having to press an icon to get to use the enterkey.

I use the Standard Editor, and the "bar" is visible and usable from the Quick Reply option. Have you tried that?

I use the Standard Editor, and the "bar" is visible and usable from the Quick Reply option. Have you tried that?

*nods* I asumed that it might have. I just need to try this one for a bit befor I know if having to click the icon each time will annoy me or not.

Top Bottom