Unable to finish the game due to freeze crash during every single ending (Watchdog timeout error)

+
Hello,

I am basically unable to finish the game because it will always freeze during on the blackscreen during various parts of endgame sequences. Which will eventually lead to a crash due to a "Watchdog timeout! (120 seconds)"

Devil ending: At the end of TotalImmortal, when I enter the elevator with Hellman and click the button, V blacks out, screen goes back, and I see a loading bar fill up on the top right. But then the game completely freezes on said black screen and crashes after 2 minutes.

Temperance ending: After deciding to give my body to Johnny, I walk towards the light, and then the game is supposed to go back to real space (New Dawn Fades), but instead it will hang and crash on the black screen again.

Star ending: Same happens when I lie down in well and take my body back. Instead of real space (All Along the Watchtower), game just freezes at the black screen.

I have tried removing all my mods, verifying the integrity of cache (Steam), but nothing has helped whatsoever. I sent a save file to my gf to test, and she experiences the same which leads me to believe that my game/save must be somehow bricked. Just have no idea how or how to even fix it.

What is odd is that like a month ago, I actually sucesfully did the Don't Fear the Reaper ending on this playthrough. without a single hitch.

I am enclosing my crash log. Please someone help me solve this, since I put almost 172 hours into this playthrough (both main game and Phantom Liberty), just to be literally cucked out of actually ending it, lol.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Cyberpunk2077.exe-20240104-013920-33808-8704.txt
    8.2 KB · Views: 12
Exact same issue here with my GOG , tried everything possible out there , finally someone to keep me company :D
Not sure mine when exactly started but it was from 2023 Aug/Sept and keep moving w/o any progress

- From re-installing OS , re-downloading GOG, clean install and clean saves , start from scratch
- Latest updates / downgrade of updates
- ON/OFF Overlay and other settings
- New game from start to finish no issues at all
- Debugging memory stack trace step-by-step with WinDbg as amateur in those things found some 0 values on some objects but not sure why and don`t know how actually works and why the memory is violated by some process from the game
- Allowing every permissions on main directory and running as Admin as well all other directory paths used by and connecting with GOG and game while playing .... from this exact stack trace issue there is no pointers where exactly is hitting when crashing in compare the rest of the IDs from that VIOLATION error on the net
- UAC ON/OFF
- Latest drivers on every item from the Device Manager tree you see ( Chipset , Audio , CPU , DirectX , C++ 2005-2022 , Win Desktop Runtime, OpenGL/CL , .NET 8 , network card , monitor , GPU ( even beta )
- Power performance on CPU . GPU and whole system from Auto to Max Power , Max Performance , ECO etc.
- Disabled Win Defender security and other 3-rd party SW ( my case ESET32 Internet Sec also removing it from the system)
- Whitelist the game and GOG on firewall and open every port to connect
- Different types of settings tuning up/down in-game , virtual memory poking out, BIOS updated , XMP boost ON/OFF , Secure-Boot ON/OFF , CPU boosting ON/OFF , GPU settings experiments , OC etc.
- Slow HDD Performance ON/OFF/Auto , Cross-Platform Savings and Cloud Savings ON/OFF
- GPU and Display scaling ON/OFF and other options
- Run without GOG and internet ON/OFF
- Run tons of Repair/Verify - Nothing
- Comparing others config files with mine in case any values are there or totally different

- Then , newest updates came around finally + PL 2.11 now at this moment having ....... and guess what - same outcome again, even when you finish PL missions first, then with the Porcelain B*** mission ....... :(
- Tons of crash reportings sent to CDPR Support - no results or responds for now

For now I ran out of bullets , upgraded to OS Win 11 Pro and gain more FPS for some reason , however didn`t care much because ....... again same outcome. ;-((

My POV and peace of mind - I can only finish when I`m choosing Johnny instead of V at the very end and --- no problems there.
Your post my friend, showed me that I`m not alone any more :D

P.S. :
some idea having a while - since it`s crashing on memory access to some stacks, had this weird feeling and for 1st time I decide to checked out my SSD drive SOL , and weird it was showing bad as 46% Life and errors on CRC paging and other values ( not sure if this is something related ) , but in real-time basis is giving me low R/W speed rates and lagging when multi task processes are in motion - which is not good picture for less than 2yrs old Barracuda SSD usage.

This is my last hope having now , these days will buy and install on my rig new additional Nvme SSD drive and will move the GOG with CP and also will run update to latest v2.12 ( with and w/o REDMod plug-in to test just in case ) .

In case this again results the above, I'm checking out forever and accepting the dark truth until some tech kung-fu wizard finds a solution for this or CDPR support have some mercy to fix it .
want to avoid dying young because of this stupid thing to be honest . Just forgetting that option - can choose between V and Johnny - just choosing Johnny every god damn time. :))

Hello,

I am basically unable to finish the game because it will always freeze during on the blackscreen during various parts of endgame sequences. Which will eventually lead to a crash due to a "Watchdog timeout! (120 seconds)"

Devil ending: At the end of TotalImmortal, when I enter the elevator with Hellman and click the button, V blacks out, screen goes back, and I see a loading bar fill up on the top right. But then the game completely freezes on said black screen and crashes after 2 minutes.

Temperance ending: After deciding to give my body to Johnny, I walk towards the light, and then the game is supposed to go back to real space (New Dawn Fades), but instead it will hang and crash on the black screen again.

Star ending: Same happens when I lie down in well and take my body back. Instead of real space (All Along the Watchtower), game just freezes at the black screen.

I have tried removing all my mods, verifying the integrity of cache (Steam), but nothing has helped whatsoever. I sent a save file to my gf to test, and she experiences the same which leads me to believe that my game/save must be somehow bricked. Just have no idea how or how to even fix it.

What is odd is that like a month ago, I actually sucesfully did the Don't Fear the Reaper ending on this playthrough. without a single hitch.

I am enclosing my crash log. Please someone help me solve this, since I put almost 172 hours into this playthrough (both main game and Phantom Liberty), just to be literally cucked out of actually ending it, lol.

Thanks in advance
Hey, I'm facing the same issue, and the only ending I can do is the path of least resistance. Did you ever come up with a fix for this? Thank you!

P.S. I thought it was my mods, but the same thing happened when I tried to play on Geforce NOW.

Hey, I'm facing the same issue, and the only ending I can do is the path of least resistance. Did you ever come up with a fix for this? Thank you!

P.S. I thought it was my mods, but the same thing happened when I tried to play on Geforce NOW.

Hey there, yeah I managed to solve it in the end. Didn't help me with the freezing but helped me get past it lol.

Basically I followed this guide and edited an .ini file that tricked the Watchdog crash screen to show up not after 2 minutes (120 seconds above), but 5 days instead.

The thing is, that the black screen actually does eventually progress but it takes like 5-7 minutes, which is too long for the default watchdog crash timer that kills the game.

TL;DR: Had to edit .ini file to force the Watchdog timeout to not crash the game after 2 mins because the game does unfreeze itself after like 5-7 mins of blackscreen.

Last edited:
Hey there, yeah I managed to solve in the end. Didn't help me with the freezing but helped me get past it lol.

Basically I followed this guide and edited an .ini file that tricked the Watchdog crash screen to show up not after 2 minutes (120 seconds above), but 5 days instead.

The thing is, that the black screen actually does eventually progress but it takes like 5-7 minutes, which is too long for the default watchdog crash timer that kills the game.

TL;DR: Had to edit .ini file to force the Watchdog timeout to not crash the game after 2 mins because the game does unfreeze itself after like 5-7 mins of blackscreen.
Thank you very much; I'll definitely be trying this out!

HAPPY UPDATE :

Found some post on Redit , changing the file : .... /bin/x64/CChromaEditorLibrary64.dll ---->> CChromaEditorLibrary64_OFF.dll , fixed the issue, just test it now. No crashes with code error: 0x00000005

Hope all those struggling with the same to try this. Best regards!

Top Bottom