Uninteresting and Depressing

+
This new meta, thanks to the terrible expansion circle of power, has become so uninteresting and depressing to play.
The fun of Gwent has been sucked out. In its place we find completely unbalanced and OP cards, rendering older ones redundant and obsolete.

Bushr in his video mentioned that this latest expansion had not been properly play-tested, and I agree. A bunch of bronze cards can now generate insane amount of points and win you the game. How was this play-tested is beyond me!

We can spend entire paragraphs on how unbalanced and fundamentally unfair this game has become. But the main point is simply that Gwent is not fun to play anymore.

I agree with you in some way. Another user in this forum stated it quite well that the game is becoming boring in the sense of... "You either have the answer to the crazy point generating combo of your opponent or you lose". Or as Bushy and other streamers call it binairy.

Sucks the fun out of the game. About a year ago you could encounter all kinds of decks on the (pro-)ladder. Nowadays you encounter only a few. Pretty boring. As a result I now play other games more and more. Sometimes check back into Gwent, especially when a new patch hits. I play about 20 games, of which about 17 against the one or two same decks and then I'm done for a few weeks. Makes me sad, I like everything else about Gwent and I'm a big fan of the Witcher (Universe).

Agreed. The release of new cards is great but they need to be very careful with adding new abilities to them so that they won't get too OP over the old decks. They also need to focus on reworking the old cards regularly to make them competitive, which I think they have not made enough effort on.

I'd say there is more variety now then there has been in awhile. Gwent has been sufferring from a lack of deck diversity all year long, this meta at least has 3-4 decks contending for the #1 spot. That's unusually high compared to what it has been historically, but, there is a lot of room for improvement. The biggest problem is the power creep, all of the new meta decks run the new OP cards which is going to leave lots of players feeling left out and demoralized.

I agree lots of old cards need some TLC and should be the major focus of a next patch.

Last edited:
Top Bottom