The balance counsil is unbalanced?

+
The first balance council has dropped and the results are in.
My verdict is the balance counsil itself is, ironically, unbalanced.

Without going into detail of each change it seems obvious this first council has destroyed an entire faction.
Nilfgaard by far got the most changes across all categories and this has impact in nearly all archetypes.
I find it highly debatable this is even possible because this has nothing to do with balancing when only one faction gets targeted.
In my opinion there should be a limit of changes per faction to avoid this of happening again.
Like for example only the top 5 of most votes of each faction will be changed.

Second concern about the balancing council is the micro management characteristic.
Most cards in this counsil round are focused on popular cards which are played.
Yet there are so few cards in it which see no play at all it will take ages for some cards to become playable.
It makes more sense to put the focus on buffing cards/leaders rather than nerfing the parameters of existing ones.
The minus 1 option for this reason should disappear because this will only slow things down long term.

I think the problem lies in easy access to that tool. It doesn't seems like implementetion reached it's goal.

Perhaps we need another condition, such as being at least rank 3?

I can even imagine people creating bot accounts to troll the community completely throwing off everything.

There will be more than just Reavers that cannot work because of sudden changes.

We also have Compass which was nerfed away from Ciri: Nova. There they are at it again spamming Double Nekker.

Some cards cannot be properly balanced due to lack of changing values of eg. 3 damage on deploy etc.

I find it highly debatable this is even possible because this has nothing to do with balancing when only one faction gets targeted.
My main NG soldier deck exceeded 7 Provision after changes :D

It should be renamed Butcher Council. One archetype and a complete faction dead, and this is just the beginning.

I agree with take off The minus, special in provisions.

Took One or 2 point in base Power is a thing, a other thing is kill entery archethtype because of The provision nerfs

Also like People said, players focus were in popular cards, while The idea was to buff dead cards to make it playable

My verdict is the balance counsil itself is, ironically, unbalanced.
Let's name things straight - it's not a "Balance Council" (this term is quite misleading and shouldn't have been used at all), it's really a "Shake things up" council. Let's settle with that.

Top Bottom