Unplayable At Launch, still Unplayable.

+
Thought I'd give this another ago but it's still busted for me. Once passing the main menu and getting into the game, the game will stutter/micro stutter every 1-2 seconds (feels like a consistent interval). It will do this in menus and outside of menus. It will do this with or without any input from me, I can watch the animated text at the top of the screen (corpo start) and HUD and see it stuttering even when I'm not touching any input.

Just staring a wall in that bathroom while the stutters continue, my CPU is averaging about 11% load, at 69 degrees (fairly hot in my apartment atm). GPU is around 6% load at 58 degrees.

Game is installed on a samsung evo NVME (2tb).

I don't think it's a performance issue as my FPS is stable and decent (60+). I don't see any FPS or CPU spikes or changes when the stutter occurs. Though i do occasionally see a GPU usage drop, don't think its relevant though.
Tried messing with every setting in the menu.
Tried every combination of in game frame cap + vsync + NVIDIA control panel vsync/low latency mode/performance mode
Tried switching my Monitor refresh rates from 144 to 60, tried both of these refresh rates with v sync on and off and with g sync on and off and in combination with v sync.
Tried varying frame caps from 57/58/59/60 and 140/139/144.
Tried disabling one of my monitors along with switching the game between windowed/borderless/full screen.
Tried changing the cyberpunk.exe to run in compatibility modes, disabled full screen optimizations, its ofcourse running with admin permissions.

Windows is up to date.
Drivers are up to date with a clean install.

I'm at a loss and I've already put way too much time into trying to debug this. I don't particularly want go through this a second time but I would love to play what I paid for.

System specs overview:

Windows 10 Pro
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
64GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 (TUF)

DxDiag attached.

Adding some example imagery/videos/gifs

Note that the video here is super choppy making the overall fps look bad but it was running at 64FPS. I just recorded this with a gif recorder lol. Overall the game feels like it runs really well for those 2 seconds or so before the stutter occurs. I can push the settings to high and enable Ray Tracing and I only see a 5-10 FPS drop in my average FPS. The stutter remains the same.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    108.4 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
You are not alone. I wish I would have seen your post before testing everything as well. I am having the same issue with almost everything the same. Are you running any mods?

Last edited:
I experienced the same, but only with mods enabled. After deactivating them one by one I could pinpoint the "Simple Menu Mod" as the culprit. The author is working on an update. Till then, the mod must be deactivated for 2.0.

Regards,
Pusaken

I had mods initially, however once I got in game and saw the issue, my first step was to remove mods, and my second step was to do a completely fresh install where this still occurs :/. All my subsequent tests were on a clean install with no mods installed.

Guest 4561861

Try Memtest86. Google it. At first I was only having trouble with CP2077 Patch 2. I tried all kinds of things; lowering settings, reinstalling drivers, verifying files, all that stuff. Then I started having trouble with Baldur's Gate 3. Every other game worked great. I ran Memtest86, ran it, found just three errors. Replaced RAM, everything is good.

I propose a solution of "sorts."
Allow us to pick the version of the game we want to play sure phantom liberty would still be at 2.0 with the new skill tree and be played the way the devs envisioned it, but allow us to enjoy the base game with the old skill system and builds have our older saves as legacy so we can keep enjoying night city the way we like it most unlike as of right now where the community gets divided because some people's builds are finally popping off and others have been completelly buried. That is imo anyhow. I'd appreciate if anyone who can and cares could take this to cdpr inb4 they pull the plug on the whole thing.
Thank you all for your time, if you read it this far.

Allow us to pick the version of the game we want to play sure phantom liberty would still be at 2.0 with the new skill tree and be played the way the devs envisioned it, but allow us to enjoy the base game with the old skill system and builds have our older saves as legacy so we can keep enjoying night city the way we like it most unlike as of right now where the community gets divided because some people's builds are finally popping off and others have been completelly buried. That is imo anyhow. I'd appreciate if anyone who can and cares could take this to cdpr inb4 they pull the plug on the whole thing.
You can do that already if your on PC, no PL for you without going 2.0 tho. What your asking for i would think is impossible to do. 1.63+2.0 in the same game. The systems are completly diffrent and it would be hell to try to get working together if its even possible without redoing pretty much everything.
Post automatically merged:

stutter/micro stutter every 1-2 seconds (feels like a consistent interval).
Hows your fps/frame time? Does the game chug like that too or is it just the UI?

You can do that already if your on PC, no PL for you without going 2.0 tho. What your asking for i would think is impossible to do. 1.63+2.0 in the same game. The systems are completly diffrent and it would be hell to try to get working together if its even possible without redoing pretty much everything.
The problem is that the modders are removing the mod versions for 1.63, as they are of the opinion that everyone has to be forced into 2.0 even if they hate it. They don't seem to understand they just have to leave the last build of the mod they had for 1.63 up, and warn people that it's on a "provided as is" basis.

Anyone who already has the mods will be ok, but those who don't, and want to revert to 1.63, won't be able to do so if they want to mod their game. I don't think people should be alienated from modding just because they don't like 2.0

The problem is that the modders are removing the mod versions for 1.63, as they are of the opinion that everyone has to be forced into 2.0 even if they hate it. They don't seem to understand they just have to leave the last build of the mod they had for 1.63 up, and warn people that it's on a "provided as is" basis.

Anyone who already has the mods will be ok, but those who don't, and want to revert to 1.63, won't be able to do so if they want to mod their game. I don't think people should be alienated from modding just because they don't like 2.0
Does not change the fact that it just wont be that easy doing this. 2 games in one with totally difrent systems thats supposed to translate just wont happend. Either you play 2.0 or you downgrade it too 1.63 and skip out on PL. i dont see any other way of doing it. Mods might be removed but thats hardly CDPRs fault? Ask the modders to reupload them or keep a backup.

Not all modders... If you take a look on Cyber Engine Tweak (CET), a must have for Cyberpunk, then clic on "Files Archive", you have access the full list of mod versions since release ;)
CET - Archive files

Wait, wait so... you can already choose what version you want to play on pc?
Because that's really the crux of my question the ability to choose not get them to work simultaneously as you out it yourself it'd be hell to make but just have the option to choose and keep selct characters, saves and progress on 1.63 and others on 2.0.

Well... You can choose to roll back your game in 1.63 if you want to (On Steam and GOG. Impossible on Epic). You won't be able to load a save created/loaded in 2.0 save on 1.63, nor playing to Phantom Liberty.

Does not change the fact that it just wont be that easy doing this. 2 games in one with totally difrent systems thats supposed to translate just wont happend. Either you play 2.0 or you downgrade it too 1.63 and skip out on PL. i dont see any other way of doing it. Mods might be removed but thats hardly CDPRs fault? Ask the modders to reupload them or keep a backup.
Because that's really the crux of my question the ability to choose not get them to work simultaneously as you out it yourself it'd be hell to make but just have the option to choose and keep selct characters, saves and progress on 1.63 and others on 2.0.

P.s I might've commented this twice by accident without quoting you i.. really don't know what the f#ck I'm doing so yeah my bad.

You can in GOG atleast. heck you can probably have 2 cp2077 installed one 1.63 one 2.0 but like @LeKill3rFou said your saves will only work for that edition and you wont get PL in 1.63. Disable autoupdate game to latest version and you will get choices what edition you wanna install. If you want dual installs you will have to copy paste i guess so you move one game to another harddisc and then reinstall or something? not sure if it will work but.. Oh and you have to start that game trough the Exe not the launcher.

I experienced the same, but only with mods enabled. After deactivating them one by one I could pinpoint the "Simple Menu Mod" as the culprit. The author is working on an update. Till then, the mod must be deactivated for 2.0.

Regards,
Pusaken
This fixed it for me, it was definitely the Simple Menu Mod. Thanks for posting this was driving me nuts!

You can in GOG atleast. heck you can probably have 2 cp2077 installed one 1.63 one 2.0 but like @LeKill3rFou said your saves will only work for that edition and you wont get PL in 1.63. Disable autoupdate game to latest version and you will get choices what edition you wanna install. If you want dual installs you will have to copy paste i guess so you move one game to another harddisc and then reinstall or something? not sure if it will work but.. Oh and you have to start that game trough the Exe not the launcher.
Ohh I see maaan why did I have to have a console instead. Highly doubt they'll put resources making this into a feature for all platforms but a man can dream. Thank you for the great convo though!

Top Bottom