Upgrade default weapon

+
I really like the game's fixes on 2.1, but I don't understand the gameplay aspect of not being able to upgrade regular weapons to 5+ and 5++ yourself. If it still drops from enemies sooner or later, I’ll still find what I want at the right level, why not let the player upgrade his weapon himself? I have always loved playing with regular weapon variants rather than legendary ones and would really like to be able to level them up to 5++. Thank you! If anything, I apologize for the translation inaccuracies

It's also impossible to craft normal weapon variants with level 1+,2+,3+,4+. Pretty annoying, some weapon variants don't have iconic versions at all.

At least there's a use for dropped weapons this way other than just breaking everything down for components. Now it's kind of nice to get a 5+ or 5++ non-iconic drop with two empty mod slots. Stash them away for when I want to slot different/better mods.

At least there's a use for dropped weapons this way other than just breaking everything down for components. Now it's kind of nice to get a 5+ or 5++ non-iconic drop with two empty mod slots. Stash them away for when I want to slot different/better mods.
Getting a 5+/++ without a mod attached always feels like xMas - lately I started to gather all of them if I use them or not if they fit my build or not. Obtaining them sometimes feels more special than getting the next iconic ^^‘

I don't know why they removed upgrading non iconics, it's a real big flub and they should adit back in. They won't though. Luckily (as always) if you're on PC there's a mod for that.

I understand why it was removed, so players would be forced to use the iconic weapons CDPR are so proud of constructing, but this is a backwards ass way of going about things. If players don't want to use your iconic weapons because they don't seem unique or interesting enough then the solution is not to remove everything else so they have to, the solution is to make iconic weapons more interesting or useful.

the solution is to make iconic weapons more interesting or useful.
Ironically they made most of them less viable nerfing their iconic effects and slot-removal

for me personal it feels the other way around currently xmod-2 iconics and legendary base weapons with free slots became more interesting than most of the iconics - sure I like one or another iconic but compared to their former status they feel „less“ iconic no matter of their upgradeability. But maybe that’s just me…

Ironically they made most of them less viable nerfing their iconic effects and slot-removal

for me personal it feels the other way around currently xmod-2 iconics and legendary base weapons with free slots became more interesting than most of the iconics - sure I like one or another iconic but compared to their former status they feel „less“ iconic no matter of their upgradeability. But maybe that’s just me…
No, I feel the same. I'm sure that in the original release the iconic weapons did feel more 'unique'. Now, with a few exceptions I feel like I kept replacing iconic weapons with generic weapons that were higher levelled.

Top Bottom