upscaling and custom resolution and overclocking gives me and my cp a headache

+
Yesterday it hit me that I have never tried out my many years newer (2018) 50" HD with Plus HD 1090x1080 res and holy quacamole what a sharp and nice clean image I have now compared to my other tv (2004...1999???? its old I dont know how old) whi was set to 720p.

So I set to check overclock and honestly i didnt test further than 75hz. I felt grateful enough for +15hz compared to the old one where I could only clock from 60hz to 62hz.

but now to my dilemma.. I want to use the bonus oc hz from my custom resolution but if I go and active DSR to crank my resolution to 1440 it disapears and set me to the defualt build in res again, so back to the 60hz.

typical I thoght but no worries.. well, DSR have all though been implemented for some kind of improvement compared to this old school method but it just goes for how they opperate differently to acheive basically the same end result.. in which I set a new custom res for that one I was going for 2560x1440.. turns out 75hz set didn work.. 60hz didnt work... 50-55hz didnt work either.

So my TV stays black when I click the test button all like "no that is too hard for me I cant see in that res" while 2 literall mousecklicks in nvidia and I have literall 4k if I'd like too..

dont't say this which I'm about to say is the fix: do I have to mess up the scaling to ugliness of oblivion for the TV to be like totally overseeing the resolution but just that it work? I mean to counter the tiny look I would get should I be able to raise the res..

as for now since I've beein trying to fix this for so long I've jump in and look how the game looks now and stick to my bacis heartz and go DSR..

It may be such a basic of a problem, i wouldnt know since I'm not so technical and still quite fresh as a cp gamer.
I feel there must be a way for me to get my hands on those extra RR of the hz and scale up and down and all and practically loose amount the same I did in FPS with 60hz?

Thanks anyway who'd like to explain =)

Top Bottom