[v2.11] Key binding screwup that prevents playing for all AZERTY users

+
Hi,

In the v2.11 that just released, the key binding for the radio when walking doesn't work anymore and is forced to "Z".
The Z key is the forward key for every AZERTY keyboard users, so you litteraly can't play the game as the radio popup shows up when trying to move forward.

Additionally, the keybinding for "Move up" in the "UI panel" category cannot be changed, the "Biding Failed" message appears regardless of the key we try.

Attachments

• binding.png
    binding.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 232
  • game.png
    game.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 233
Yup, I can confirm that AZERTY is broken! Impossible to play with the radio poping up everytime I want to move forward. Hoping for a hotfix soon, as I bought the game yesterday and everything was working fine until..., welp, last update... :/

Last edited:
Same here. I love the part of the patch note saying the issue for AZERTY is repaired...Yes, absolutely not

OMG I HATE THAT , I PLAYED TO PALWORD AND THE GAME CRASHED AND NOW I PLAY CYBERPUNK , THE BUTTON OF RADIO CANT BE CHANGED OMGGGGGG I CANT DEPLACED MYSELF FZIIPAEFUBHEFIOUZHA9ZHUFOHQFIFHOZOHIF

None, play another game for now I guess. I'm not even sure CDproject actually reads this forum, but I hope they are aware of the fuck up. ^^

The only workaround I could find was to install the English language on Windows then revert the custom keybindings to default and press the windows key+space to switch the keyboard mode to qwerty.

Such a shame having to go through all this because someone got too lazy to actually test their code. It's litterally the first thing we see when entering the game.

EDIT: I've edited the file <PATH_TO>Cyberpunk 2077\r6\config\inputUserMappings.xml and replaced
<button id="IK_Z" overridableUI="pocketRadio" />
by (for instance for me, to map to the O key)
<button id="IK_O" overridableUI="pocketRadio" />
and it works
A possible solution from the patch main thread.

At this point, im pretty sure cdpr don't care about azerty support. The fact that after all this time, they never bothered fixing the Z/Q hardcoded binds, and today, they added a new bind that literally prevent players to move forward... Is there really something to add ?

Can we just get an all round better support for custom key bindings? I don't understand why some key bindings are completely locked out.
I like to bind functions that are immediately important (combat) or something that's used frequently to things close to WASD keys, the radio function, while its great, its not combat or high frequency... but its being forced to the Z key...

And in some other cases like menus, you can't even customize some keys. Again, since I'm constantly opening my menu so I have it mapped to 'V' rather than the default 'I', for easy access... but when I'm in my inventory and want to preview a piece of gear, its force mapped to 'V', so if I want to preview my gear, it closes the inventory because that mapping isn't even listed in the key bindings... why?

Stop forcing players to use some rigid key bindings and open it up properly. Also, pressing keys is the absolute most important thing for any game. If you can't rely on buttons working, the game is literally (not hyperbolically) unplayable for some of the users in this thread. This should have an been heavily tested before release.

Top Bottom