Vehicle Contract Missions

+
There is a type of mission where the car pulls away as you approach it. Are you supposed to chase it down, and if so how do you stop it? Can't use any of the vehicle hacks on them, options are "redded" out.

There's another type where you tai a vehicle while driving a van with some electronic equipment, what are you supposed to do? I've only done one of those, and I'm not sure how I completed it, the target vehicle was forced to stop by traffic (?) and I could just hijack it and drive away.

If you are talking about the ones you get a specific vehicle for you need to chase them… at a certain distance your car will start to hack the escaping one automatically with a progression bar until it stops

Muamar also says smt like „this vehicle is like your own tiny netrunner just chase the other one etc.“

As mentioned above, you only have to follow them at close distance and the car would stop when the bar would reach 100%.

As to the cars which pull away when you approach them, the best way I deal with it to crash into them, dealing enough damage to the driver will force them to stop and go out of the car.

In the
a) Variant (you approach in your car, target drives aways), it up to you to stop them. You can ram them, that works pretty well. If they crash sufficiently, they'll stop, get out of the car and try to attack you. Option 2 is to simply shoot the driver. Through the windshield works well. Hint: That is reaaaly easy if you have a sandy and the perk to use it in the car (and remember: you can reasign perks at any time, and you can change implants for free at any ripper... so there really isnt any reason not to get a sandy for these missions).
(If you want to use the sandy for driving the target car away, you'll need either a mod or you need to leave the car/enter again to force V to hang up the phone, cause otherwise that block the sandy).

b) (The black antenna car) Just drive towards the target, keep close for a while, maybe a minute. Then the target car shuts down, the passengers pop oout, you flatline them and take the ride. Eeezy.
They'll try to drive away and shoot you. You can ignore the shots (I guess the black antenna car is invulnerable), but if they get too far away (maybe 200m), the mission fails. That means you have to be pretty fast when you start these missions. Sometimes when the tartget is to the left, and driving to the left, but the road you must take to get there goes to the right, its just not possible. I recommend to save before getiing in the black radar car.

getting sandy equipped just to grind vehicle missions? idk… personally I just do them if they cross my way randomly and the last thing I’m thinking about at that point is looking for a ripper near by - that would be massively immersion breaking and annoying. ramming is all you need ^^

Top Bottom