The vehicle theft mission timers feel like bullshit

+
Steal a car, bring it to the drop point with two minor slowdowns, because you actually get attacked during the mission (by the way, a "tail" by definition comes from the back, it doesn't ram you from the front).

So you basically do the mission nearly perfectly, and as you're driving into the droppoint, Muamar just goes "nah, not fast enough, choom, you suck".

I already don't like vehicle combat, this just feels like bullshit. And the only reason I'm bothering, is because there's a car locked away behind these missions that I want.

Just leaves me frustrated.

I just ignored the vehicle combat during those missions.

It's super easy to just drive right past enemies and they leave you alone after a short distance. Thus meaning there's literally no reason to bother actually fighting them.

It's super easy to just drive right past enemies and they leave you alone after a short distance. Thus meaning there's literally no reason to bother actually fighting them.
That's my go to for vehicle combat as well, however, sometimes the car we jack is sloooooooow and not every area has the traffic or side streets that help with evasion.

I hate vehicle combat as well. I'm on PS5 and the control configuration just doesn't work very well.

If I cannot evade I just stop the car, get out, kill whoever it is, and carry on. Between this and evasion it's usually enough to complete a timed/tailed combo.

Question @AulisVaara do you get these very often? I haven't had that many, so I haven't really been hindered with that specific car jacking scenario. I'm curious how much it's blocking you from your goal of unlocking a vehicle?

Likewise. I'm just going without getting into the combat.

That's because they ARE. Controlling a vehicle is bad enough with keyboard and mouse, adding time limits randomly to the mix is absolutely ASININE. Also, certain side missions that require you to pursue other vehicles, such as the one about killing the convicted murderer, pursuing the van for the politicos, and the whole racing mission are a nightmare.

I generally dont like timers. I (and others)had complained about these and in a last patch they changed that. You now get more time. So far I had just one that failed because I went the wrong way.

Overall they seem quite okay. The only part that bothers me is police, who go into battle mode because I bumped into a civilian car(which is a very common occurence in NC, NPCs constantly hit eachother).

I generally deal with enemies through Quickhacks, making their car brake(I do that to police aswell, doesnt kill them), or 'floor it' if I can get them stuck that way. And then ofcourse you can 'selfdestruct' their cars, which takes out the occupants.
Going into scanner slows down time, so you can rotate and target your enemies. Just avoid targetting civilian cars when you use the Selfdestruct QH.

Netrunner fun!

Overall they seem quite okay. The only part that bothers me is police, who go into battle mode because I bumped into a civilian car(which is a very common occurence in NC, NPCs constantly hit eachother).

Or more likely you got too close and they dive right into your car. That's how you know it's a true dystopia. :p

I'm playing on Hard difficulty and I haven't had problems with the timers anymore. I did at first before they were adjusted in one of the patches, but now I don't. There have definitely been times I've failed missions (DON'T TELL ME TO TRY HARDER, CAPITAN, YOU WEREN'T SHOT AT AND YOU DIDN'T RUN OVER A HELLACIOUS AMOUNT OF INNOCENT PEDESTRIANS!) but it feels balanced to me now.

The timers are bad, but I think vehicle combat is boring, so let's go our own way.
Post automatically merged:

I'm playing on Hard difficulty and I haven't had problems with the timers anymore. I did at first before they were adjusted in one of the patches, but now I don't. There have definitely been times I've failed missions (DON'T TELL ME TO TRY HARDER, CAPITAN, YOU WEREN'T SHOT AT AND YOU DIDN'T RUN OVER A HELLACIOUS AMOUNT OF INNOCENT PEDESTRIANS!) but it feels balanced to me now.
The last update also fixed it, but I wish it hadn't.

I loooooove the Just Another Story missions just like I love The Beast In Me. I'm a huge fan of race car games so to me it's a happy occurrence when I see the steering wheel.

Top Bottom