Weekly Poll 7/01/19 - This Apartment Thing

+

Just one apartment?!

• 1. I was really expecting more. I am disappointed. I had plans! And furniture picked out!

Votes: 33 27.3%
  • 2. One is okay with me. Some place to admire my gear and listen to the radio. Only have one IRL!

Votes: 45 37.2%
  • 3. One apartment?! No apartment! The Future Is Disposable! Toiletries, tools and ammo - home!

Votes: 6 5.0%
  • 4. I think perhaps it's one at a time? As you move districts? Or upgrade your status?

Votes: 28 23.1%
  • 5. I think more might be added in DLC/Expansions?

Votes: 39 32.2%
  • 6. Wouldn't be surprised if they take even the one away in-game.

Votes: 6 5.0%
  • 7. Perhaps like Life Path, our apartment might be varied? So 3 choices or something?

Votes: 31 25.6%
  • 8. I'm ambivalent about this whole thing. Development cuts things - wasn't a priority for me.

Votes: 28 23.1%
  • 9. Jackie isn't dead, Sard, you fool. You'll see! You'll see!

Votes: 20 16.5%
  • 10. Apartment, shpartment. My garage shall be the land of GODS.

Votes: 8 6.6%

• Total voters

Never really saw the point of multiple apartments in the first place. UNLESS they were needed as "safehouses" because the various NPCs you piss off during the game would hunt you down (highly unlikely).

I had my fill of "customizing" during Fallout 4. It was great fun at first but very quickly became a tedious and repetitive chore.

Edit: What I don't like is that this game has everything to be a great AA game, with great story, accomoding a wild aesthetic, but I can't enjoy it for my own character. I have to experience only the city, the outside, while forgeting myself.
I'm confused by this.

I had my fill of "customizing" during Fallout 4. It was great fun at first but very quickly became a tedious and repetitive chore.
Yeah I agree with this to a point. I think more focused decor customizaion is better in games most of the time. Like Shepards apartment in ME3: Citadel or Corvo Bianco in TW3. You could change the couches, a wall feature, trophies, a desk, etc. But not every single thing. At some point the freedom feels more like tedium.

I'm confused by this.
I'm complaining about the lack of visual input as a affirmation of my characters in-game because it's one of the few connection I have with them outside of my own imagination. I like expressing my characters and I feel sad that a game with this setting, with so much potential, but all of this is wild aesthetic is just for npcs and I can't do it for my own character.

Customization is not a priority for me, I care much more about a feeling of progression or movement, which is why I was hoping we would have a GTA 4-like "your previous dwelling gets replaced with a different (not necessarily better) one at certain story moments."

Could be any number of ways to make that happen, all of which perfectly fit Cyberpunk. Maybe your last apt. gets blown up, or you make the conscious decision to leave (or not leave, and suffer the potential consequences) and find somewhere else. It need not always be better, as I said above. Perhaps you even get "downgraded" at one point.

At the end of the game, though, when you have the key to immortality functioning properly (presumably, I have no idea how it'll end), and you've made your small or large fortune from completing lots of quests, you should eventually wind up in a higher-end apartment if you so choose. Not a corporate one; source material flat out says the closest an edgerunner would come to luxury is a high-end downtown apartment, not a corporate dwelling.

I'm complaining about the lack of visual input as a affirmation of my characters in-game because it's one of the few connection I have with them outside of my own imagination. I like expressing my characters and I feel sad that a game with this setting, with so much potential, but all of this is wild aesthetic is just for npcs and I can't do it for my own character.

There is a great deal of visual customization, so I think your concerns are unfounded. There is a wide, wide variety of cyberware available, not to mention loads of clothing and appearance options.

What other lack of visual input are you referring to? Just no apartment customization? You must be disappointed by many games, then.

1,4,5,7 for me.:think:
Post automatically merged:

Customization is not a priority for me
I care deeply about customization and it is an extremely high priority for me.
Armor, Clothing, Weapons, Body parts and their shapes and sizes, Apartment or Apartments, Very Special attachments for Female V... Just my opinion :D

1- Because I was expecting some smalls customizations at least. There were some for Geralt's house, so I don't understand why a regress.
6- Out of saltness. Lack of in-depth CC, lack of apartment and cars/bikes customization

Edit: What I don't like is that this game has everything to be a great AAA game, with great story, accomoding a wild aesthetic, but I can't enjoy it for my own character. I have to experience only the city, the outside, while forgeting myself.
I totally understand, but I hope so desperately that this is wrong,:oops: and that CDProjektRed show us we were all worrying for no reason. :sleep:
I so desperately need that deep customization for my car and my house and my character. It just makes the game so much more immersive because it helps me care more about my character. I don't even mind if my original few apartments in a row get blown up by people trying to kill V, as long as I can eventually choose my own home/homes and upgrade them with security and defense systems like lockdown walls and laser defense turrets and hacking systems to hack intruders and disable them, and anti-hacking systems to prevent my own defense systems from being hacked, and get my own high end health insurance (like the woman in the bath we save in the 48 minute gameplay) and a similar home owner insurance that sends a defense force to your home and prevents it from being destroyed and arrests the bad guys... i need it.... I NEEEEED ITTTTT!!!!!

Last edited:
I care deeply about customization and it is an extremely high priority for me.
Oh, right, I agree entirely. I should have clarified: I meant customization for apartments.

I very, very much care about customization in.. well.. every other aspect.

I'd like apartment customization, too, I'm just saying if it isn't in, I won't be as bothered by it.

2, 7, 8.
2 and 8 - not an aspect of the game that important to me. Right when we heard that V can have an apartment, I thought you can have only one at a time. So you buy one and need to sell the other, this sort of thing.

I chose 7 also in regards to the news that you have different starting points in the game.

I also want limited garage, because I don't see the point of having one apartment but a huge parking lot of vehicles inside the megabuilding you live.

Hey bro you can afford only one apartment, not even a mansion, but you can have all the wheels in the game. If it's not flying you can have it.
No no no, stop making the game hyper-realistic so all the fun is removed! I want allll the carrrsssssss :cry:

Oh, right, I agree entirely. I should have clarified: I meant customization for apartments.
I very, very much care about customization in.. well.. every other aspect.
I'd like apartment customization, too, I'm just saying if it isn't in, I won't be as bothered by it.
I understand. I just hope V's apartment and multiple other hide-outs get attacked or blown up by bad guys or corporate or other mystery enemies and that V is like moving around a lot, and then eventually gets the option to build a very solid and strong and well hidden safe house, with an underwater/underground entrance/exit so that we can feel like BATMANNNN
You know? :D

I understand. I just hope V's apartment and multiple other hide-outs get attacked or blown up by bad guys or corporate or other mystery enemies and that V is like moving around a lot, and then eventually gets the option to build a very solid and strong and well hidden safe house, with an underwater/underground entrance/exit so that we can feel like BATMANNNN
You know? :D
Yeah, definitely. That'd be very cool.

We may hit a point where I wish they'd just designated a look and personality for one set character with a full name and fully fleshed out persona, nicknamed V. Let the writers do their thing and build a story around V in the way that the Witcher series builds around Geralt.
Oh God please NO :oops:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO

I would argue that is because bethesda doesn't know how to properly implement customization, and no I'm not taking a shot at them or any of their fans, I'm just stating my very honest opinion. I just really feel this way. Customization is a beautiful thing, but it depends on how it is implemented. Just like food. You could have the best ingredients, but if you do not cook them correctly and combine them in a good way, the final dish will only please very few people.

Yeah I agree with this to a point. I think more focused decor customizaion is better in games most of the time. Like Shepards apartment in ME3: Citadel or Corvo Bianco in TW3. You could change the couches, a wall feature, trophies, a desk, etc. But not every single thing. At some point the freedom feels more like tedium.
How people that love freedom and customization in this thread feel like right now:

THANK YOU. :think::smart::shrug::ok::howdy:;):sneaky:(y):love:

(Some unfair and out of context quoting later....)
"I think your concerns are unfounded."
"You must be disappointed by many games, then."
"I think your concerns are unfounded."
WHAT TH-
"You must be disappointed by many games, then."
So you DO understand us! :giveup:

Last edited:
We may hit a point where I wish they'd just designated a look and personality for one set character with a full name and fully fleshed out persona, nicknamed V. Let the writers do their thing and build a story around V in the way that the Witcher series builds around Geralt.

Welcome to the club, pal!
Even if it's not what I wish, I think this is what we'll get.
Besides cosmetics, I have more and more difficulty to see how V is different than Geralt, player control wise.

Besides cosmetics, I have more and more difficulty to see how V is different than Geralt, player control wise.

:shrug:
Edit: I Just wanted to make an apology, even if I was being trolled or something. You see, I was really hungry and I made this post really quick as a little last joke to help me not just simply implode from the anxiety of the possibility of my worst nightmares coming true. SO... I rolled a 2 in self awareness, hit the post button, and quickly went to go make this giant, heavily customized vegan sandwich (It was a combination of coarsely and freshly ground Rye and Oat flour baked into some bread with a bunch of carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, peas, black beans, and dark red kidney beans mashed into a coarse and kinda shreddy paste seasoned with salt, pepper, balsamic vinegar, and a bit of canned tomato I had laying around between the slices of thick and home made bread...) Then I thanked God and ate that beautiful gift from heaven and it hit me: I am sofa king, Stew p. did. (king of the sofa's)
So Here's what I realized: :shrug:
I'm in this thread too! :oops:
I'm in this conversation, in this thread!
If CDProjektRed reads this thread (rhyme intendo by accidento:think:)
Then they might agree, and change the gee
(*cough*) change the game I mean (accept the rhymes, feel sublime:smart:)

So that means my words were kinda not well thought out. I'm sorry about that.
I guess that's actually WHY I'm worried, since people saying "nahh I don't care so much about customizing my apartment, ehhh... nahhhhhhh" makes me worry that CDPR will possibly think this is what people like me think, and just cut all the good stuff out of the game or just not even add it in to begin with. That would be horrible! I really love this game and I don't want something bad to happen to it, you know? Please forgive my lack of self awareness, but please also try to show hype for CDPR, so that they're like "yea sure we will add in all the good stuff don't worry!" and then the game will be wonderful-er.

Original post (because Honesty, and Learn from my mistakes!) (I still think I was being softly trolled):
:oops:NOooo Please Nooooooooo!!!! This is my nightmare! 100% hype killer for me. :think:Wait a second... This is just a conversation in a thread. This has no basis in reality, and does not control what CDProjektRed does. :smart: *wakes up from nightmare* Thank God!

Last edited:

Well, Geralt had one way of progressing through encounters and missions -- two, technically, if we count the times he could talk his way out of something: Combat. Specifically, one type of combat; sword combat. The magic doesn't really count as an alternative to swords, in my opinion.

V is going to have considerably more. Stealth, hacking, engineering, talking, and both melee and ranged when you decide to go all-out combat.

All of that is stuff the player has control over. Plus, there are now dialogue options that are based on the type of character you built, which Geralt did not have.

Well, Geralt had one way of progressing through encounters and missions -- two, technically, if we count the times he could talk his way out of something: Combat. Specifically, one type of combat; sword combat. The magic doesn't really count as an alternative to swords, in my opinion.

V is going to have considerably more. Stealth, hacking, engineering, talking, and both melee and ranged when you decide to go all-out combat.

All of that is stuff the player has control over. Plus, there are now dialogue options that are based on the type of character you built, which Geralt did not have.

That's what I though: the only difference is "how" the character do things, not the ability to define "who" the main character is.
Meaning that we'll simply be playing Deus Witcher III, starring V of Rivia.

:oops:NOooo Please Nooooooooo!!!! This is my nightmare! 100% hype killer for me. :think:Wait a second... This is just a conversation in a thread. This has no basis in reality, and does not control what CDProjektRed does. :smart: *wakes up from nightmare* Thank God!

I wanted to troll you a little, but I won't.
If you wish, like me, that you could define who is V, you might end up disappointed.
If just choosing how V do things makes you happy, then you'll probably be happy.

That's what I though: the only difference is "how" the character do things, not the ability to define "who" the main character is.
Meaning that we'll simply be playing Deus Witcher III, starring V of Rivia.

If you wish, like me, that you could define who is V, you might end up disappointed.
If just choosing how V do things makes you happy, then you'll probably be happy.

Ok, fair enough. I know you have concerns in that area (V being pre-determined and not as open for RP), but you seemed to be making a more blanket statement that this was basically The Witcher Cyberpunk, which it isn't from a gameplay perspective. So I was just clarifying.

I can see there being very small coffin-like rooms being available like from Neuromancer.
Like the pod hotels that are becoming more popular IRL in some places. :giveup:PS: That's not tears you are lying in...

I am really hoping that there is some way to live in a vehicle like a nomad, or maybe just keep stuff/items/loot in a vehicle.
I really want to have a stepvan hideout...

And don't forget living on the street is all the rage in Night City. Almost as popular IRL as well...

Or perhaps we could live inside a refrigerator like everyone's favorite netrunner...

Having one apt for this first 2077 release is completely ok with me because we, at least, have that.
I could see having more places to live as more titles get released.

What's going to happen when everyone has an apt in the multiplayer? :oops:
Assuming they all don't blowed up for some reason...

A special combination of the two, with strong and dominating (overwhelming) emphasis on me as the player deciding everything about V and who V is.
(also please re-read my post that you quoted, I edited it for you and everyone who reads it)

What's going to happen when everyone has an apt in the multiplayer? :oops:
Assuming they all don't blowed up for some reason...
Solution: make apartments inaccessible in multiplayer, or make them accessible but only have a generic room inside, (you go single player to actually access your own apartment)

I didn't vote, because meeeeeeeeeeeeh... I'll just keep an eye to the thread and read your opinions.

Solution: make apartments inaccessible in multiplayer, or make them accessible but only have a generic room inside, (you go single player to actually access your own apartment)

I was kinda hinting at the inaccessibility with the "blowed up" bit of the comment because we don't know what is going to happen with the initial releases and "supposedly" there may be a stray mini nuke hanging around NC. It would be easy for the devs to blow it all up and make us all nomads...awwwmang. Unlikely though, especially if there are any special rewards or "paid for" things in the apt. The generic room idea makes some sense if your apt from the first releases gets destroyed somehow or taken away...story will tell....or it could just be that we have to go back to the single player for access to it, like you said.

Buuut how absolutely awesome would it be to be able to go to other people's apartments and see what they have uniquely done with the place for the multiplayer?!

I thought in the end of the game we end up in a mansion in the Wesbrook district. Living an in-game rags-to-riches story. Apparently not.

Top Bottom