Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
No point in me being in this community anymore...
Well bye then. :p

I played TW2 with 23 frames dropping to 18 in the draug boss fight on low settings. Fights were often nearly unplayable as were QTEs, but that didn't stop me. Actually when I buy my new PC, TW3 might run better.

P.s.: @Alan989 Please don't leave. You just changed your name. It would be such a waste not being able to confuse me each time.

Bloody hijacking piece of....screw it, that's not worth getting angry over.

@wichat
I can't promise anything, but I'm going to keep my account alive, so I'll probably come in here occasionally when I'm bored.

Why play the game when it's released? is that a problem wait maybe a year to play it?
Yes, spoilers may come an issue, but then...mods...do your job.
I'm not going to play the game on release i don't mind that, yes of course it's a shame not to be able to play as everyone on that date...but it can wait. After all, it's not everything.
In addition, you mentioned not having real life friends who are into gaming...so why cut lose those who do? maybe we don't see each other in person, then why disconnect from us?
Of course no offense on this one...you getting bored pretty easily so i guess you'll come here often than expected.....like nothing has changed.

I realized i wrote all of this in Russian letters, and had to rewrite it all...

Why play the game when it's released? is that a problem wait maybe a year to play it?
Yes, spoilers may come an issue, but then...mods...do your job.
I'm not going to play the game on release i don't mind that, yes of course it's a shame not to be able to play as everyone on that date...but it can wait. After all, it's not everything.
In addition, you mentioned not having real life friends who are into gaming...so why cut lose those who do? maybe we don't see each other in person, then why disconnect from us?

I guess it's because none of us really know each other all that well. I mean we just chat to each other online, but we don't really know the people we're chatting to if that makes any sense. I've always been brought up to believe that you don't really know a person unless you've met them in real life. I know that sounds ignorant and I'm sorry if anyone was offended.

I guess it's because none of us really know each other all that well. I mean we just chat to each other online, but we don't really know the people we're chatting to if that makes any sense. I've always been brought up to believe that you don't really know a person unless you've met them in real life. I know that sounds ignorant and I'm sorry if anyone was offended.

Never too late to get to know people. :)

I've formed a couple close friendships on here where I feel I really know the person now. Not many, but it only takes a few. Plus I love chatting with many of the others on here, even if I don't know them well. Even if the Witcher suddenly fell into a black hole, I'd still want to talk to you guys. Don't leave us, Alan!

BTW: I know I'm in a way different timezone from you guys, but you're more than welcome to add me on Skype if you ever want to chat.

Last edited:
No point in me being in this community anymore...

Ah come on, don't be like that ...

And besides, this is one of the best gaming communities I have ever been on, if not the best, lots of really cool and open-minded people here, it would be a shame to lose one just because he can't upgrade his PC before the release of the game, many people here already said they can't be able to play the game when it is released anyway, so you are not the only one, mate :)

Sure, we get some of those downgraded threads here and there, but the hairy bear is insanity heaven on Earth :p

Make a Patreon account. And thus, we've come full circle.

No, no, no, give me his Patreon monie!

---------- Updated at 10:59 PM ----------

And do what? I can't afford to upgrade my PC and I have no friends in real life who are interested in gaming. I'm stuck.

Why can't you afford it? I don't know much about your situation, but there are always ways to get money, especially for something you really yearn. It's not like you live in some shithole, that won't let you get money.
I used to work part-time job for six months, just to get a decent gaming PC to play W2 and Doto 2. And I live in a shithole.

So what is stopping you?

No, no, no, give me his Patreon monie!

---------- Updated at 10:59 PM ----------

Why can't you afford it? I don't know much about your situation, but there are always ways to get money, especially for something you really yearn. It's not like you live in some shithole, that won't let you get money.
I used to work part-time job for six months, just to get a decent gaming PC to play W2 and Doto 2. And I live in a shithole.

So what is stopping you?

Have you ever been to Ireland? There's no jobs and the one's you do see are asking for experienced workers, which most people my age aren't. You also haven't seen the dole queues...

Have you ever been to Ireland? There's no jobs and the one's you do see are asking for experienced workers, which most people my age aren't. You also haven't seen the dole queues...

Have you considered moving elsewhere? Sometimes you gotta start at the bottom somewhere else, but it's easier to move up quickly from there. Had to do the same when I moved to Los Angeles.

Have you considered moving elsewhere? Sometimes you gotta start at the bottom somewhere else, but it's easier to move up quickly from there. Had to do the same when I moved to Los Angeles.

I can't. The government has imposed strict immigration laws as people have been leaving the country for Canada and that's been draining our workforce so badly, that you have to go through a metric shit-ton of red tape to leave. It just costs too much. Besides, where could I go? I still live with my parents and I'm suffering from depression. Who would want to employ me?

Also, have you seen a map of the world? Northern Ireland is considerably distant from everywhere else.

Last edited:

Never been to Ireland. But, I used to say the same things - because it's similar here - there are jobs, but mostly for experienced workers. After weeks of trying, I got the job at the restaurant. And I wasn't looking everyday (though I should have). Terrible job, but I stayed for the time and now I found something much better - though still low salary.
If you do that and stay consistent, you will find it.

Don't expect anything fancy, because you won't get it, no one ever does. If you know how to do something, but lack experience - search for courses and learning.
DO something. The job you will find will probably be shitty, boring, or will pay fuck all. Most likely all of these. But it will pay.

Survive through it, get some money and buy a PC. You will feel great.

I can't. The government has imposed strict immigration laws as people have been leaving the country for Canada and that's been draining our workforce so badly, that you have to go through a metric shit-ton of red tape to leave. It just costs too much. Besides, where could I go? I still live my parents and I'm suffering from depression. Who would want to employ me?

Ouch, sorry to hear that. Same to find something in the UK? Nothing wrong with being with your family still at your age, it's not unusual and can help give a base to work from to get out on your own. As for the depression, yeah, it's a challenge. Many people I know, both friends and family (including my dad and my sister), have depression and I've watched them struggle with it. Lived with it. It's not fun. Anyways, feel free to message me in some shape or form or something if you want to chat more privately. I don't want you to feel like you have to air out everything here.

Ouch, sorry to hear that. Same to find something in the UK? Nothing wrong with being with your family still at your age, it's not unusual and can help give a base to work from to get out on your own. As for the depression, yeah, it's a challenge. Many people I know, both friends and family (including my dad and my sister), have depression and I've watched them struggle with it. Lived with it. It's not fun. Anyways, feel free to message me in some shape or form or something if you want to chat more privately. I don't want you to feel like you have to air out everything here.

I tell you what: Add me on skype.

The biggest thing with depression over here is that employers will discriminate against you, even though it's classed as a mental illness by the Northern Ireland NHS.

But yeah, might be best to continue this conversation elsewhere. I might be in bed by the time you get back home though.

Last edited:
I can't. The government has imposed strict immigration laws as people have been leaving the country for Canada and that's been draining our workforce so badly
Are you not workforce? Maybe searching for a job will do something to end your depression. Maybe it's kind of ignorant pov from my part, but just saying my 2 cents.

Also, have you seen a map of the world? Northern Ireland is considerably distant from everywhere else.
I don't want to be rude but... You speak english as native language, that's a +1 in Europe for you, and beyond.
You are not so much out of the world, and speaking one of the most "important", or maybe the most important language in the world is a good point for you.

Hell, I think I might be out of the world too, if not more. :p

Are you not workforce? Maybe searching for a job will do something to end your depression. Maybe it's kind of ignorant pov from my part, but just saying my 2 cents.

I don't want to be rude but... You speak english as native language, that's a +1 in Europe for you, and beyond.
You are not so much out of the world, and speaking one of the most "important", or maybe the most important language in the world is a good point for you.

Hell, I think I might be out of the world too, if not more. :p

I can actually chime in on this. Unfortunately depression is generally, depending on what it's root cause is, not something you can 'get over'. It's for life. It's something that people who don't have it have a hard time understanding and accepting. I used to be one of those people, but I've finally gotten a better grasp of it. Still not the same as being someone with depression though.

For people with clinical depression, it's like a little black cloud following them around. It never really goes away. There are times it can be ignored or pushed aside when things are good or are distracted by something, but it doesn't mean the depression has disappeared - it's just become background noise that can get louder at any time.

You can also medicate for it, but for some people it doesn't work, or it takes a while to find one that does. And even then they may get side effects from it that still lower their quality of living. It's a super tough thing and having some kind of support is generally very important for a person with depression.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom