Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
*big ugly fat guard who smells a bit like the inside of vaskas socks walks in to the tavern*Bring me some sweet corn! and a beer please!

Greetings!!I look around this place and I like it.I need good applejuice and a fresh food. Maybe a staek and bread.Hey eweryone how was your day? :)

I like your friend already ^^We here in holland have no snow either, not that I mind, riding my bike to school in less than 25 minutes is hard enough, let alone on a slippery surface.BTW, Can we use incendiary bombs to clear out the snow? Then I volunteer, I mix a mean molotov ^^Still waiting for the damn fistfights.... *grumbles*Come on, should everyone notice that I'm mentally unstable (scientifically proven that folks, I'm fucking insane, that's what the doctor said. He's dead now, yes.) or just the people I want to rough up, seriously, someone raise a mug and hit me! You'd think enough alcohol would do that.

Snow? What is snow? aaaah... I remember... once upon a time we had snow overhere (Hamburg, Ger) as well, that was... hmm
can't remember.Today there was a news on radio about Siberia, it's quite cold there, -55 C° (don't know what's that in Fahrenheit). I wouldn't survive that one minute.

Snow is something white falling from the sky....a gift from the gods, old people used to say maybe about 5000 years ago ;DAnd now to explain the phenomenon....in truth snow is precipitation falling from clouds in the form of ice crystals.A snowflake starts out as three ingredients, water vapor, ice crystals, and dust. Ice crystals form when water vapor freezes on a microscopic piece of dust. This dust can come from volcanoes, flower pollen, meteorites falling stars, soil erosion and much more. Snow begins forming in a very cold cloud that has both super cold water droplets and ice crystals. When water vapor droplets collide with a piece of already formed ice crystal, the droplet freezes to it making it grow into a slightly larger new ice crystal. The shape of the snow crystal is determined by the temperature in the cloud. The size of an ice crystal is determined by moisture in the cloud. The more moisture there is, the bigger the crystals will be. When many ice crystals stick together and fall, they are called "snow crystals." This is what we call a "snowflake." As it falls from one cloud, it will pass through other clouds with a different temperature or moisture level and change shape and size of the snowflake. It may combine two different shapes. The speed of the snowflake falling can also change the shape of the crystal.

Arrgh. The last I remember I ate some strange herb and managed to stumble may way into here. wow I don't know what it was, but now I find myself surrounded by empty vodka bottles and the place is empty.Hey waiteress bring me another drink and a ham sandwhich.Was having a dream, I think, someone was talking about snow.Yes reminded me of my homeland that is being ruled by a king who is mad as a hatter.Hoping the spring will bring much needed rebirth.Sorry if I sound confused, must still be hung over or drunk.

Hi! I 'll have a beer, please. Today i had the best training with my sword! ( I don't know if i 've told you before, but my best friend practices Tai Chi for over 11 years, and this winter he started to learn Japanese sword. Of course i told him to teach me too, because i 'm crazy with the swords, and he knows it! ) I went to my garden after evening, as always, and practiced on the movements my friend has tough me, and it was great! I had a lot of strength, and mood, so i did it all right! It was perfect! Now i 'm dead on my feet... ;DOh, i 'll drink my beer and go to bed...

Wine for me....@cassandra31eee: very very cool on the training with the sword. I've just these past few weeks started working out, after years as a mouse potato. Motivation is, I traded a website for a (soon to be received) made for me witcher medallion and a bastard sword. Now I have to get strong enough to actually LIFT the sword....

A Bastard Sword? ! Oh, i am jealous! The Witcher 's medallion will help you find the monsters? :p
Now I have to get strong enough to actually LIFT the sword.
I 'm lucky, because my sword is wooden and it's only 1,5-2 kilos.

Cassandra31EEE said:
A Bastard Sword? ! Oh, i am jealous! The Witcher 's medallion will help you find the monsters? :p
Now I have to get strong enough to actually LIFT the sword.
I 'm lucky, because my sword is wooden and it's only 1,5-2 kilos.
I'll make it worse... Per the previous owner, who is a longtime friend of mine and has enough swords and other weaponry in his collection to outfit a small medieval castle....Its a Museum Replica's blade from the late 80's/early 90's, numbered 120/500 (if I am squinting right), signed with the swordsmith's glyph (a wolf), forged by an Italian swordsmith. HIgh carbon Krup(?) steel, and other extremely w00t stuff about it's very battle ready construction. Basically, he quoted engineering specifications at me, which all boil down to, if you are attacked by a tree, it will take a large chunk out of the tree and remain intact. Likewise if you are attacked by someone wearing chainmail. ;D If however you are attacked by a kikimore, drowner, striga, etc, you are probably out of luck, since it's not silver plate. So the medallion will most likely help me to know when to run away from the monsters..... :dead:At least until I'm able to pick up the thing easily. It is slightly lighter than my 5lb weights, but those are much much shorter, so when I'm holding it, it feels more like they weigh in Oblivion (game in which as I recall the average blade was 20 to 40 pounds).

STARWOLF, now i feel badly jealous of your sword :mad: ;D Have fun, friend, have fun with your sword! And may all the kikimores be far away of your path!Does this place serve coffee? Just a black coffee? Because it's my favourite, and i don't want to drink beer all the times i come here, you know... It's not good for my body... ;)A black coffee and my favourite rolled-tobacco, that's what i like when i want to relax.

Hi Petra, long time no see! Hi everyone, Daerdin told me that the tavern is here.. so here I am!!!a bottle of red toussaint please, maybe two, I'm waiting for the toolset!!!

Whisperwind said:
Do you people hear the silence in forums today? :D there is alot of people here, but rarly one or few writes in boards... :D (do you remember that movie, when people flew a plane and ladet in a place were was nobody alive? And then some kind of black things (langolyers or how was they) came and ate everything, this reminds me about that and... I'm kida afraid XD )I'll just sit here for a while and wait for it to pass by... *sits by nearest table*
Aww, don't be afraid, you're not all alone ;) I'll just sit with you and watch you draw another shirtless Yaevinn, shall I? *sits down at Whisperwind's table*

Whisperwind said:
shirtless... Yeavinn? *whispers face gets deviously smile on it. With glowing eyes she grabs some paper and starts drawing*
*glances impatiently over Whisper's shoulder and waits for her to finish*

jbaudrand said:
:'( nobody talk to me in this bar..maybe nobody like red wine... ;D give me all barrels!!!
I'm a red wine afficionado also, nothing like something with an undercurrent of plum and cherry, oak smokiness....

HAaaa yes a merlot!!! cheers up mate!!! :beer:let me introduce myself: I'm a cinematic maker on nwn1, I made "bastard of kosigan" one, and I can't wait to see/play module made by modders with witcher engine!!!do you have any idea of how long it will take to them for release it, I've read that a legal issue with US version?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom