Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
So here's where we went! Couldn't take more pictures, since we went off the path, and the terrain was quite harsh. And we "had" to gather mountain tea.

I also came as close as 2 meters of a bull. His stare was.. sparkly.

By the way, this is Mount Mitsikeli in Epirus. We reached around 1.700 meters in altitude.

Here are the pictures. Here we're a couple hours of hiking, from where we left the cars. :)

In a couple of weeks were thinking of going here. That's quite a longer hike, around 5 to 6 hours to go, another 5 or 6 to come back down. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drakolimni

P.S. No snakes killed were killed during the excursion. We didn't meet one. :D

Attachments

• 20140802_081706.jpg
    20140802_081706.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 34
  • 20140802_081726.jpg
    20140802_081726.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 33
  • 20140802_090723.jpg
    20140802_090723.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
@StaGiors what a beautiful sight! I wonder how it appears in winter... but Wikipedia gave me a little answer :p
Oh I am curious, what the bull did?
No unicorns? :wat:

Oh I've just read this article, tears. I had to translate a summary, this old man is a hero. :rofl:
http://ripuliamolitalia.wordpress.c...avolta-si-trovano-davanti-un-reduce-fascista/

They pretend to be Enel (electricity company) employees to defraud the elderly, but this time they face a veteran fascist
c s / 3 days ago Porto Torres - Sardinia

It was to be a 'victim of scam and once again an elder. A man born in 1932 was persuaded by two self-proclaimed Enel employees to open the door of his house with the excuse of the meter reading. But at the end of visit 200€ were missing from his wallet and he chased them with a Roman sword.

This last episode was recorded in the city in Sardinia, where the old man intent to treat his garden, was joined by a pair of men, one of whom was wearing a helmet. The way they do and clothing have convinced the old man to let them in because, according to the two, they must have read the meter. When the operation was finished, and they were gone, the old man then realized that 200€ were missing form his wallet. The reaction of the victim was immediate.

As soon as he became aware of the scam he grasped his Roman sword that he kept since the times in which he belonged in the "Balilla" (fascist group formed by kids), ran after them into the alley, and stuck them in a dead end, "Give me back my money or I cut your hands ", Scammers have surrendered at once realizing that the man was not joking and not only they returned the 200€ but also the other 2000, which had been stolen from the neighbors.

"I'm a tough guy" says the man, "I fought in the fascist assault troops and this scum does not scare me, today as yesterday" - says the deceived who adds - "When He (Mussolini) was here, we slept with open doors. "

Elder has been entered in the register of the defendants with aggravated threat weapon, but having regard to his age he should not be affected by legal repercussions.

Haha you guys.

The bull! Well the bull, looked at me with a sluggish stare, and once I had turned my back to him, he left out a long "Moooooooo".

I think he fell in love with me. :p

No Unicorns, or Centaurs sadly. Maybe next time.

A picture of mount Olympus looks quite unlikely for the time being, maybe next year though.

However I might upload a picture of this.

Maybe I'll be in the lake as well. If I can take the cold. :D

There's rumors of Dragons though. Since Drakolimni means, Dragon Lake. :p

Reminds me of Cadair Idris. Love to see Mycenae someday, been enchanted with that since I first read about Heinrich Schliemann.

Have you ever been to Cadair Idris? It looks amazing. I haven't been to Mycenae either. I guess I should at some point. :)

Yep tabbed over fourteen peaks of Snowdon about twenty years ago now and took an excursion to Cadair Idris, that water is fucking cold. Striking place though, very quiet except for the wind.

That's cool stuff. I've always wanted to do hikes like that, just had not got around to do it so far. Hopefully I will start doing them this year.

I have this crazy dream, of going to the Himalayas for a "hike". And here goes that word.. "Someday"..

Whoops, seems that the news I posted before was false, too bad I imagined that cheerful old man running with Roman sword.

The bull! Well the bull, looked at me with a sluggish stare, and once I had turned my back to him, he left out a long "Moooooooo".

I think he fell in love with me. :p
Aw! Love in the air...! Like this?
Now, take a look at bull's eye (ha!)

A picture of mount Olympus looks quite unlikely for the time being, maybe next year though.

However I might upload a picture of this.

Maybe I'll be in the lake as well. If I can take the cold. :D

There's rumors of Dragons though. Since Drakolimni means, Dragon Lake. :p
Yeah this was the pic I saw in Wikipedia, a beautiful sight!

Take a photo of the dragon, don't forget it.

Too bloody right Al.

Our lass popped round tonight, say hello before she went out with her mates, as we don't get much time together with us both working. I'm watching me usual saturday night cowboy, having a few shandy's and letting Fido slobber all over me in his sleep. Burst out laughing when our lass criticises the star of the movie I was watching, says he's too pretty to play a cowboy and too short, and that at least John Wayne and Clint Eastwood look tough. It was Audie fucking Murphy! Our lass left in an huff saying I was a lady part, I of course shouted out that I was not that useful.

Sometimes I can see why i'm single, i'm a bit of a git.

Too bloody right Al.

Our lass popped round tonight, say hello before she went out with her mates, as we don't get much time together with us both working. I'm watching me usual saturday night cowboy, having a few shandy's and letting Fido slobber all over me in his sleep. Burst out laughing when our lass criticises the star of the movie I was watching, says he's too pretty to play a cowboy and too short, and that at least John Wayne and Clint Eastwood look tough. It was Audie fucking Murphy! Our lass left in an huff saying I was a lady part, I of course shouted out that I was not that useful.

Sometimes I can see why i'm single, i'm a bit of a git.

Aren't we all at times? My Dad is notorious for his temper and loses it over the stupidest things, even my Mum loses her patience with him at times! Then, of course, he goes off on a mad rant consisting some really colourful language! I just go upstairs and lock my door until things calm down.
:facepalm:

"Our" So you talk to yourself, too? Neat. Or well, not going to go there.

I fail to see what women see in me. I mean after my majestic hair I'm a bit of an ass. Although I have on more than one occasion been complemented as the "nicest asshole one could meet".

He's using a variant of Her Majesty The Queen's English! :lol:

I personally have no clue how to react around women so they just pass by me. I guess it's because of how quiet I am (you didn't think that just because I'm such a frequent poster on this forum, I would be that social in real life did you?).

I'm probably the nerdiest person here! :geek:

Last edited:
In northern England anybody close like family or girlfriends you call "Our." Our kid is me younger brother, our old man is me father, me best mate is our Shag etc.

I was taking the piss, mate. I'm well aware of that term, it was occasionally used over here. Though, it's largely fallen into disuse now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom